Signature Research (SGR) is growing and seeks a highly-qualified Programmer/Software Developer to join our multi-disciplinary team in Calumet, Michigan. Are you an analytical thinker who enjoys unique technology and solving highly technical problems? Are you a good communicator, quality driven and attentive to details? Does working with ambitious clients and smart teammates on exciting projects light your fire? If so, we want to hear from you!
The Programmer/Software Developer will supportDepartment of Defense (DoD) and Defense Intelligence Agency (DIA) programs in the evaluation of signature management technologies, virtual and dynamic scene generation, analytical software development, aided and automated target recognition, and instrumentation data collection design and development.
RESPONSIBILITIES OF THE PROGRAMMER/SOFTWARE DEVELOPER.
- Develop software and analytical tools to support a variety of Modelling and Simulation (M&S) activities.
- Contribute to all phases of the development lifecycle: gather requirements, application development, create algorithms, program, test, validate, verify, and configure.
- Interface with a variety of commercial and government owned software systems.
- Support signature analyses, write reports, and develop briefings on a variety of efforts.
- Provide briefings to customers on completed work.
WHAT YOU NEED TO BE SUCCESSFUL AS OUR PROGRAMMER/SOFTWARE DEVELOPER.
- Degree from an accredited university in ElectricalEngineering, Computer Engineering, Computer Science, Physics or related field, required.
- 3years’ experience in System Analysis, M&S Product Development/Design, Artificial Intelligence or a related field, highly desired.
- Ability to apply and qualify for a Department of Defense security clearance.
- Physics-based scene generation, highly desired.
- Machine Learning / Artificial Intelligence development, highly desired.
- Programming skills in MATLAB, C / C++, Python and Julia, highly desired.
- Object oriented and parallel programming experience, highly desired.
- Strong knowledge of scientific and technical computing paradigms, and experience with modeling and simulation of mathematics/physics, highly desired.
- Experience with open-source software and familiarity with open-source ecosystems including Red Hat and Arch based Linux distributions, required.
- Possess exceptional communication skills (verbal, written and in-person).
- Great attention to detail, ability to organize/prioritize multiple tasks, and meet appropriate deadlines.
- Ability to work in a fast paced, high security office setting; no telecommuting.
- Ability to travel throughout the United States, occasionally.
APPLY ONLINE AT . No phone calls or walk-ins please.
ABOUT THE COMPANY. SGR is a small, high-tech business with offices in Calumet, Michigan and Navarre, Florida. We specialize in multi-spectral target and background signature data collection, analysis, modeling and simulation, software development, and operational analysis. Signature Research, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer.