Optimal Solutions & Technologies (OST, Inc.) is focused on excellence. We specialize in providing Management Consulting, Information Technology, and Research Development and Engineering services. OST is one of an elite set of companies worldwide to be externally appraised CMMI Level 5.
The fundamental distinction of the OST team is its business knowledge in both the public and private sectors. We serve the aerospace & transportation, association & nonprofit, defence, education, energy, financial, healthcare, and technology & telecommunications industries. OST is successful because we listen to our clients, we learn from our clients, and we know our clients.
Engagement Length in Months:
What are the daily work hours?
7:30 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.
Where is the physical work office located?
500 Balltown Road, Schenectady NY 12304
Description of specific Duties in a typical workday for this position:
- Analysis, design, coding, component and assembly testing of all application code owned by the Application Team- Maintenance (including production support), enhancement and development work- Write application software, data analysis, data access, data structures, data manipulation, databases, design, programming, testing and implementation, technical and user documentation, software conversion. Creates computer software.
- Assist in the development of the following applications:
- Division of Quality Improvement Application. (DQIA)– (1) Replacement of the original application with a new web application. It must include all the functionality in the existing system as well as all protocols and standalone databases, paperless surveys, letters and reports and interfaces with other applications. (2) Several new Modules: ECF and SOD, Remediation and POCA, Protocol Management Phase 2.
- Incident Reporting Management Application. (IRMA) – (1) Ongoing enhancement requests (2) IRMA CSE (Critical & Significant Events) Module project.
- Fire Safety Portal - (1) ongoing enhancement requests.
- 60 months experience hands-on programming experience in server-side Java web applications in a multi-tier environment, using JDK 1.5 or higher.
- 48 months experience writing queries, stored procedures, functions, packages, and triggers, in Oracle 10g or higher.
- 48 months of development experience in database design and object creation/modification of databases consisting of 20 or more tables, in Oracle 10g or higher.
- 36 months experience with JQuery.
- 48 months of programming experience with Java Server Faces.
- 36 months of programming experience with Java Persistence API.