Optimal Solutions & Technologies (OST, Inc.) is focused on excellence. We specialize in providing Management Consulting, Information Technology, and Research Development and Engineering services. OST is one of an elite set of companies worldwide to be externally appraised CMMI Level 5.
The fundamental distinction of the OST team is its business knowledge in both the public and private sectors. We serve the aerospace & transportation, association & nonprofit, defence, education, energy, financial, healthcare, and technology & telecommunications industries. OST is successful because we listen to our clients, we learn from our clients, and we know our clients.
Engagement Length in Months:
What are the daily work hours?
9:00am – 5:00pm
Where is the physical work office located?
335 Adams Street, Brooklyn NY 11201
Description of specific Duties in a typical workday for this position:
- The technical consultant services requested are integral to the support and maintenance of the Automate The Schools (ATS) database system. ATS is a critical application used in student data capture – inclusive of enrollments, attendance, discharge, immunization, transportation, and graduation. The ATS application is an integral data conduit in the interoperability between other student-related systems including special education, grade books, attendance, and pupil transportation. ATS is developed in the Model 204 user language developed in support of high volume transactional databases and, as such, requires specialized skills
- Under the supervision of the Application Development Director, the Analyst will assists in development functions as defined by stated business need.
- Assists in requirements gathering activities as it related to ATS functions.
- Analyzes requirements and proposes file and screen usage designs.
- Utilizing the M204 user language develops software to meet business owner requirements.
- Creates meaningful test data, engages in unit testing, error corrections, and quality control activities.
- Evaluates system performance. Recommends efficiency improvements.
- Assists in the transfer of knowledge of business programming and business logic to other non-M204 development teams.
- Plays a critical role in data exchanges between systems including the utilization of message broker technologies.
- 84+ Months of experience programming in TSO and RACF
- 84+ Months of technical experience in Model 204 development.
- 24+ Months of experience in systems analysis
- 24+ Months of experience in troubleshooting and resolving user issues
- 12+ months of experience with Janus, Janus Soap and or Json.