Optimal Solutions & Technologies (OST, Inc.) is focused on excellence. We specialize in providing Management Consulting, Information Technology, and Research Development and Engineering services. OST is one of an elite set of companies worldwide to be externally appraised CMMI Level 5.
The fundamental distinction of the OST team is its business knowledge in both the public and private sectors. We serve the aerospace & transportation, association & nonprofit, defence, education, energy, financial, healthcare, and technology & telecommunications industries. OST is successful because we listen to our clients, we learn from our clients, and we know our clients.
Engagement Length in Months:
What are the daily work hours?
8.5 hours daily including half-hour lunch, start time can range from 7:30-9AM and end time can range from 4:00-5: 30 PM
Where is the physical work office located?
800 North Pearl, Menands, NY 12204
Description of specific Duties in a typical workday for this position:
- The Birth Defects Registry (BDR) at the New York State Department of Health is responsible for analyzing case reports of children born or residing in New York State diagnosed before the age of two with any structural, functional or biochemical abnormality determined genetically or induced during gestation and not due to birthing events. The BDR requires a secure application to support the electronic reporting of birth defects, particularly the Zika-related birth defects, by health practitioners. Although physicians have always been legally mandated to report birth defects, they have not been reporting due to the lack of an efficient reporting mechanism. May 2016(Regulation Supp 22.3) changes to NYS regulations now require birth defects reporting by physician assistants, nurse practitioners, and midwives.
- a) Design & Develop Java web applications for Oracle WebLogic
- b) Providing Maintenance & Support for live applications & services.
- c) Application Server Tasks: Deploying Applications & Web Services,
- Creating Data Sources etc.
- d) Develop object-relational mapping using Hibernate frameworks to access back
- -end Oracle databases.
- e) Develop Oracle WebLogic applications using Java Server Faces,
- f) Designing and developing Oracle database objects such as tables,
- triggers, and stored procedures for the applications. Write PL/SQL
- against Oracle RAC for use by web applications.
- g) Communicating with Users & Stake Holders. Communicate with
- Business Analysts to acquire and understand requirements.
- h). Documentation: Preparing various documents like User
- Documents, Process Flow Diagrams and Database Schema Diagrams
- Performs Black Box testing of web applications developed by other
- staff members.
- j) Design, develop and call SOAP and REST web services as needed
- k) Lead joint application design sessions with other staff members.
- 84 Months of experience using SPRING or a similar Java development framework.
- 60 months experience using Hibernate, myBATIS or other objects relational mapping framework
- 60 months experience programming Oracle WebLogic Java applications from specifications expressed by use case diagrams, interaction diagrams and sequence diagrams
- Bachelor's degree or higher in Computer Science or Information Technology
- 24 months experience in a government information technology development environment
- 60 months experience in developing Oracle database schemas, tables, procedures and permissions
- 36 months development of web-services in both SOAP and RESTful implementations