Founded in 2002, LabConnect provides global central laboratory services including routine and esoteric laboratory testing, kit building, sample management, biorepository and scientific support services for biopharmaceutical and CRO clients in support of their clinical trials. LabConnect is a central lab headquartered in Seattle with a primary operating facility in Johnson City, TN. We’re looking for professionals that share our core values of building long-term successful relationships, self-awareness, passion to excel, creativity and interconnectedness.
Design, code and test difficult application programs from written specifications conforming to departmental standards to produce structured, maintainable application programs; and apply a variety of programming languages in Visual Studio, report generators, applications generators and high level interpreters as needed to complete difficult programming tasks within given deadlines.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Collects information to analyze and evaluate existing or proposed systems.
- Researches, plans, installs, configures, troubleshoots, maintains and upgrades operating systems.
- Researches, plans, installs, configures, troubleshoots, maintains and upgrades hardware and software interfaces with the operating system. Analyzes and evaluates present or proposed business procedures or problems to define data processing needs.
- Prepares detailed flow charts and diagrams outlining systems capabilities and processes.
- Researches and recommends hardware and software development, purchase, and use.
- Troubleshoots and resolves hardware, software, and connectivity problems, including user access and component configuration.
- Selects among authorized procedures and seek assistance when guidelines are inadequate, significant deviations are proposed, or when unanticipated problems arise.
- Records and maintains hardware and software inventories, site and/or server licensing, and user access and security.
- Installs, configures, and upgrades desktop hardware and peripherals to include; network cards, printers, modems, mice and add-in boards.
- Works as a team member with other technical staff, such as networking to ensure connectivity and compatibility between systems.
- Writes and maintains system documentation.
- Conducts technical research on system upgrades to determine feasibility, cost, time required, and compatibility with current system.
- Maintains confidentiality with regard to the information being processed, stored or accessed by the network.
- Documents system problems and resolutions for future reference.
- Performs other related duties and tasks as necessary or as assigned.
A Bachelor's degree and three-to-five years of programming and/or system analysis experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.