Do you dream about creating a more sustainable future? At Uplight, we are motivating energy users and providers to accelerate the clean energy ecosystem. Working with over 90 of the world’s leading electric and gas utilities, Uplight provides an end-to-end customer energy experience. Uplight delivers personalized experiences that customers have now come to expect–improving satisfaction, increasing revenue, reducing the cost to serve, and contributing to carbon reduction goals. We are B Corp certified, enabling us to put our values into action by not only making decisions for the benefit of our shareholders, but also for our customers, environment, employees, and community.
We are seeking a Programmer/Data Analyst to join our team and help us achieve our ambitious goals for our business and the planet.
What you get to do:
- Analyze utility customers energy data using SQL queries.
- Design, develop and test applications supporting the product discovery process.
- Troubleshoot technical and business issues with platforms, data discrepancies etc.
- Document functionality and requirements for customer focussed projects
- Collaborate with cross functional teams including data science, engineering and product.
Skills and experience are necessary, but we hire on value alignment first, so if you feel you would be a good fit with us, still consider applying.
What you will contribute:
- Advocacy of product led initiatives to engineering teams
- Understanding and involvement in all stages of product discovery process
- Coordinating and sharing knowledge and understand the value of great documentation
What you bring to Uplight:
- Passion for data with strong analytical/statistical skills used in evaluating and analyzing data
- Strong SQL programming skills, with experience navigating and cleaning messy data
- Detail-oriented and organized, but able to see the big picture and the bottom line
- Excellent at communicating - able to explain key concepts in meetings and in writing to teammates from different functions and experience levels
- Willingness and desire to take on personal responsibility for the business as a whole and "figure it out".
- Demonstrated ability to proactively understand “how stuff works”.
What makes working at Uplight amazing:
In addition to all the standard medical and dental benefits, that kick in Day 1, we are:
- Proud to be over 500+ purpose-driven individuals helping to create a more sustainable planet.
- Committed to the environment, our employees, and our communities.
- Focused on career growth by following defined career ladders.
- Committed to taking our work and mission seriously and….we love to laugh!
We also provide:
- 401k Match
- Medical, vision, and dental insurance
- Monthly wellness stipend
- Peer to peer recognition program
- Management by objectives bonus plan
- Innovative flexible time off policy
- Exceptionally collaborative and cool office spaces (once we reopen them)
Salary Range: $75,000 to $85,000
In accordance with the Colorado Equal Pay for Equal Work Act, the approximate annual base compensation range is listed above. The actual offer, reflecting the total compensation package and benefits, will be determined by a number of factors including the applicant's experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity among our team.