Job Title: Programmer/Analyst
Department: Information Technology
Reports to: Programmer/Analyst II, Senior Analyst, or Applications Manager
Essential Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Able to make programming decision without consultation.
- Implement business projects with minimal guidance from supervisors.
- Formulates plan outlining steps required to develop program using structured analysis and design.
- Provide technical assistance to program users if needed.
- Monitors performance of programs after implementation.
- Analyzes, reviews, and alters programs to increase operating efficiency or adapt to new requirements and/or environments.
- Provide beginning analyst functions by directing programmers in implementation process of projects, contributing and providing ideas and input for project development, and teaching existing business and technical knowledge to Programmer I & II.
- Other work duties assigned by management
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Ability to understand specific business area and its rules, (ie MPCI, Crop Hail, Property Casualty) for application development.
- Strong programming/debugging skills used primarily in business applications.
- Ability and desire to continue to learn business rules for applications development and expansion.
- Ability to write program documentation and descriptions for users to comprehend usage of applications.
High School Diploma required. Bachelor Degree from trade school or university in business or related programming studies preferred.