Advanced professional role; highly-skilled individual with required extensive proficiency in the core skills listed below. Works proactively and independently on multiple projects as a project leader or frequently as the subject matter expert. Works on projects/issues of medium to high complexity that require demonstrated knowledge across multiple technical areas and business segments. Coaches and mentors junior technical staff. Typically requires six or more years of demonstrated applications development experience with at least one project functioning as the development technical lead on a “large” project, i.e., a project with duration of more than 6,000 hours or spanning more than six months.
NOTE: This role can be worked remotely
About the Team:
FIS The Systematics Core Banking Solution offers end-to-end solutions for architecture, customer information (Relationship Manager), Deposits (IMPACS & Savings Time), lending (Advanced Lending Solution Servicing Manager), and financial and management reporting.
What you will be doing:
The select candidate for this role will be accountable to Design, code, test, implement, maintain and support applications software that is delivered on time and within budget. Work closely with customers, business analysts and team members to understand business requirements that drive analysis and design of quality technical solutions ensuring alignment with business and IT strategies and complying with FIS and/or client’s architectural standards.
GENERAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Demonstrates an understanding of FIS Systematics applications and the financial services industry.
- Analyzes requirements and translates business requirements into product designs.
- Suggests technical alternatives and improves/streamlines processes and systems.
- Provides application software development services or technical support typically in a defined project.
- Maintains, tests and ensures system improvements are successfully implemented.
- Writes technical specifications and other forms of documentation.
- Completes project assignments and special projects commensurate with job expectations.
- Conducts planning, analysis and forecasting activities to plan projects and tasks.
- May participate in component and data architecture design, performance monitoring, product evaluation and buy vs. build recommendations.
- May provide leadership and/or guidance to other technical professionals.
- Other related duties assigned as needed.
What you bring:
A Bachelor’s degree in computer science or information systems or the equivalent combination of education, training, or work experience.
GENERAL KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES
- Minimum of 5 years Mainframe Banking Software (i.e. FIS Systematics, Hogan etc.) Programming experience
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience working with Deposits Systems
- Knowledge of end-to-end systems development life cycles, i.e., waterfall, iterative and other modern approaches to software development
- Proficiency in business modeling and requirements definition disciplines through Unified Modeling Language (UML), use cases, etc.
- Excellent customer service skills that build high levels of customer satisfaction for internal and external customers
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills to technical and non-technical audiences of various levels in the organization, e.g., executive, management, individual contributors
- Willingly shares relevant technical and/or industry knowledge and expertise to other resources
- Excellent problem-solving, team and time management skills
- Is resourceful and proactive in gathering information and sharing ideas
- Knowledge of Systematics Tax Reporting Application (TX)
- Knowledge of Systematics Savings/Time Application (ST)
- Knowledge of Systematics Certification Tracking Application (HX)
- Knowledge of AGILE methodology
What we offer you
- A multifaceted job with a high degree of responsibility and a broad spectrum of opportunities
- A broad range of professional education and personal development possibilities – FIS is your final career step!
- A competitive salary and benefits
- A variety of career development tools, resources and opportunities