- Demonstrates expertise in a variety of the field’s concepts, practices, and procedures.
- Works closely with a project leader, manager, project team. May provide consultation on complex projects and is considered to be a top level contributor/specialist.
- Analyzes existing systems, processes and work flows.
- Participates on projects as team members with abilities to communicate with all different levels of people and a customer service mentality.
- Provides end-user interaction, responds to questions; participates in user’s groups.
- Utilize report writers and other tools for testing, development and maintenance of production and ad hoc reports.
- Conceptualizes and develops major information systems to provide management with needed information for effective planning, control, and decision making, and for discharging the accountability of the Company to investors, creditors, and government agencies.
- Create program specifications and design from previously defined system specifications.
- Performs programming tasks, which include coding program instructions into the computer, testing programs and debugging programs.
- Performs problem analysis on reported problems involving local and remote users, networks, hardware, software and user.
- Conducts one on one training as needed with system applications.
- Conceptualizes and develops information requirements for Sanderson Farms.
- Designs and codes programs to perform specified tasks throughout Sanderson Farms, Inc.
- Compiles test and debugs programs to assure accuracy and completeness.
- Modifies existing programs to perform different specifications or to fix errors that may occur.
- Documents completed programs and procedures to assure necessary information is available for future changes, modifications or review.
- Provides operational support as needed.
- Assists Manager, Systems & Programming in other areas of support and information as needed.
Key Working Relationship
- Reports administratively to the Manager, Systems & Programming, who provides general supervision and guidance, assigns specific projects or tasks and reviews completed work.
- Maintains close working relationships with Network Manager, LAN/WAN, other Programmer Analyst/Project Managers, Operational Supervisors, PC Applications Specialist, and Control Clerk.
- Maintain frequent contact with all local and remote users in problem solving mode.
- Works with other individuals internally and externally as required in the performance of duties.
Academic: Bachelor Degree in related area.
Experience: Five to 10 years programming experience with IBM AS/400 preferred.
A Working knowledge of interactive applications, structured programming techniques, data structured and system design required.
A working knowledge of PC tools including but not limited to; spreadsheets, word processors, presentation graphics, databases and auxiliary PC related hardware and software and related technology tools preferred.
Knowledge of warehouse, business applications, order entry, accounting and Electronic Data Interface applications helpful.
Personal: Identifies with the values, philosophy and mission of Sanderson Farms, Inc.
Must possess good organizational, logical and analytical skills.
Good knowledge of RPG programming language, knowledge of AS/400 operating system, AS/400 control language and utilities and AS/400 database is required in performance of job.
Ability to listen effectively.
Ability to communicate and relate to people effectively in order to establish working relationships required.