Universal Parks & Resorts is comprised of Universal Orlando Resort, Universal Studios Hollywood, Universal Studios Japan, Universal Studios Singapore, as well as a new destination coming in Beijing, China. We are a universe of opportunities for people who have a lot to offer. It takes a special kind of person to work at all of our destinations. An individual who knows how to be part of a team. Someone with a sense of fun who’s serious about their work. A person who knows it doesn’t take magic to put a smile on a guest’s face… it takes hard work, dedication, knowledge and just the right amount of Universal attitude. Universal’s theme parks offer exactly the kind of vacation families crave – bringing together popular culture’s most compelling stories, characters and adventures to create some of the world’s most innovative and entertaining attraction experiences. These are immersive, next-level, adventures such as The Wizarding World of Harry Potter™, outrageously fun attractions such as Despicable Me Minion Mayhem and highly themed, authentic experiences based on cutting-edge television, such as Race Through New York Starring Jimmy Fallon. We embrace the power of cultural diversity and inclusion and continuously strive to maintain a team that is a reflection of our global audience. Universal Parks & Resorts adheres to ‘The Universal Way’ by not just meeting guest expectations, but exceeding them, every time. Join us if you want to collaborate, innovate, develop, and deliver the most compelling entertainment experiences imaginable that drive growth for the Universal brand around the world. Universal Parks & Resorts provides world-class entertainment destinations with signature theme parks that create unparalleled entertainment.
JOB SUMMARY: The Programmer Analyst role will be a member of the Parks TechnologyRetail Supply Chain Systems team. This person will be a part of a team that is primarily responsible for defining, analyzing, developing, testing, and maintaining the Retail Supply Chain systems along with other associated systems. This includes analyzing, coding, integrating, testing, implementing and supporting software programs and applications while researching for problem resolution. The Programmer Analyst will also setup and maintain system configuration and perform administration of Retail Supply Chain software systems. Additionally, this role will configure and support warehouse scanning and printing solutions for the Retail Supply Chain applications.
- Liaise with other technical staff in resolving problems with software products or company software systems. Provide day-to-day maintenance and application support of Retail Supply Chain Systems including monitoring, troubleshooting, and performance analysis in a 24×7 environment. Analyze incidents/requests to change, configure, and test new functionality, create technical documentation, and implementation plans for small to medium processes and/or functions. Identify root cause fixes and develop sound solutions. Provide on-call support of Retail Supply Chain systems on a rotational basis.
- Design, document, run and monitor software tests on new and existing programs for the purposes of correcting errors, isolating areas for improvement and general debugging.
- Utilize technical knowledge and serve as a technical resource for approved project work. Assist in the development and delivery of business requirements, objectives, deliverables, and specifications on projects in collaboration with internal users and departments.
- Understand and actively follow all IT Governance standards for Security, PCI, SOX, and Change Management approvals.
SCOPE: Follow established Universal Parks Technology methodologies and provide input to improve practices. Use established development and support tools to meet Service Level Agreements. Use established project management tools to report project statuses for IT dashboards and reports and track time for approved projects. Work directly with Parks Technology management and participate in regular meetings with the user community.
- Microsoft Office.
- Good understanding and execution of monitoring and alerting practices.
- Good understanding of data integration tools and experience working with at least one tool.
- Good understanding of OS/400 and DB2.
- Good experience with development tools.
- Estimating work or project effort for proposed solutions.
- Excellent ability to design and develop custom integrations, data extracts and loads.
- Systems and Business Analysis.
- Problem Solving and Decision Making.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with non-technical staff and with members of interdisciplinary teams.
- Customer Service Oriented.
- Analytical Thinking.
- Language Skills: Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or government regulations.
- Reasoning ability: Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form. Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw conclusions.
- Demonstrates a mature sense of urgency, ownership, can-do attitude to deliver results accurately and timely in a dynamic work environment.
- Ability to manage a high volume of detail with excellent accuracy.
- Strong track record meeting targets and objectives.
- Ability to work collaboratively with cross-functional peers.
- Database foundations for modeling, configuration and information management.
- Strong organizational and time management skills to effectively contribute to multiple projects in an efficient manner.
- Results oriented with a history of problem resolution and prevention.
- Effectively handle sensitive and confidential matters.
- Willingness to provide off-hour on-call support.
- Bachelor’s degreerequired: MIS, Computer Science, IT, Business
- Master’s degreepreferred: MIS, Computer Science, IT, Business
- Minimum 3 – 5 years of work experience in an IT Support function.
- Minimum 1 – 3 years of experience supporting Retail Supply Chain applications.
- Experience integrating Retail Supply Chain applications to various other applications.
- Prefer technical and functional JDA MMSexperience.
- Experienceapplying technical solutions to business requirements.
- Experience with general programming/scriptinglanguages.
- Experience with RPG programming skills.
- Experience with SQL coding skills.
- Experience with CL programming skills.
- Experience with database foundations preferred.
- Retail, Hospitality or Entertainment industry experiencepreferred.
- The job is based in Orlando, Florida and requires 24×7 support, either on-call or on-site.
- Ability to interface and influence at all levels of an organization.
- Ability to communicate effectively to business and IT technical teams.
- Demonstrated ability to handle multiple projects and initiatives simultaneously.
- Demonstrated problem resolution skills.
- Ability to travel for training, conferences or to supported business locations.
- Familiarity with ITIL, Resource Scheduling; Asset Management; Security & Crisis Management; Facility Services; systems and concepts.
- Familiarity with enterprise system rollouts.
Your talent, skills and experience will be rewarded with a competitive compensation package.