?Job Title: Programmer Analyst for Laser Software Transition - Direct Hire / Full Time / Perm
Job Location: Ottumwa, IA
Job Type: Full Time / Perm / Direct Hire + Benefits
- Reviews, analyzes, and modifies programming systems including encoding, testing, debugging and documenting programs.
- May require a bachelor's degree.
- Requires 4-6years of experience in the field or in a related area.
- Familiar with a variety of the field's concepts, practices, and procedures.
- Relies on experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals.
- Performs a variety of complicated tasks.
- May lead and direct the work of others.
- May report directly to a project lead or manager.
- A wide degree of creativity and latitude is expected.
- There will be three elements to this position:
- Parts will be configured within the new laser software to ensure proper quality and efficiency within the laser nests on a given sheet.
- Laser Nests will be set up on a daily basis to ensure the individual parts are nested for laser operators to cut. This process will also be taught to the operators so they can take over this process over time.
- Programs that interface with the current nesting software will need to be rewritten in VBA to ensure they interface with the new laser nesting software and provide the same functionality.
- A successful candidate will be capable of learning new software for Laser Nesting, as well as learning how to use the current software to enable them to translate the programming of the parts in the current system into the new system.
- They will also be capable of working with Laser Operators to train them in how to create nests from the programmed parts.
- They will also be creating nests themselves to allow the Operators additional time to learn the new software. Finally, they will be updating or creating new programs in VBA integrated with the new nesting software to automate or semi-automate the creation and revision of standards and otherdatabase-related tasks.
- Hours of Work - 7am-3:30pm.
- Metatarsals are required.
- 4+ Years Experience.
- Manufacturing background useful due to being familiar with the manufacturing environment.