As part of the Enterprise Application Services (EAS) division, the Mainframe Programmer Analyst will:
- Review, analyze, and modify programming systems/data processing systems, software systems, and operating systems including encoding, testing, debugging, documenting and installing programs.
- Interpret functional requirements, develop technical specifications from functional requirements, design and code applications using various computer programming languages in a mainframe environment.
- Plan conduct, develop, test, and document complex application programs.
- Plan, conduct and direct the analysis of complete business problems to be solved with automated systems.
- Ensure products, applications, documents and systems are in compliance with established quality standards and meet requirements.
- Implement and support applications in a mainframe production environment.
- Conduct cost evaluations, user needs analyses, in-house system customizations and upgrades, system performance studies, and enhancement recommendations.
- Write and/or support computer applications, with close involvement in the installations of vendor releases and enhancements, analysis, design, coding, testing, documenting, and production implementation system-required modifications.
- Provide technical assistance in identifying, evaluating and developing cost-effective systems to meet user requirements.
- Create specifications to meet business requirements.
- Direct the translations of functions to be automated.
- Provide consultation to users in area of automated systems.
- Assist training other Mainframe Programmer Analysts.
- Keep abreast of latest development tools and techniques.
- Handle other duties as assigned.
- Participate in On-Call rotation to support assigned applications.
- Requires a Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Information Systems or a related field and 4-8+ years of directly related experience programming and systems analysis, in a mainframe environment.
- Applied advanced principles, theories, and concepts. Contributes to the development of innovative principles and ideas.
- Strong experience with COBOL, JCL, VSAM, CICS, ENDEVOR and EZTrieve
- Preferred expert knowledge of Infopoint (aska Trisyn/Infor) suite of applications with emphasis on Deposits, RCIF, MICM, Time, Transaction Gateway/Universal Funds Transfer and/or RP.
May require one or more of the following:
- Proficiency in the following on the mainframe: COBOL, CICS, JCL (job control language), a text editor, a software library utility, an interactive debugging tool, and other data processing utilities.
- Proficiency in online and batch processing methods, data modeling and online problem analysis.
- Preferred knowledge of SQL and relational database systems.
- Familiar with Service Oriented Architecture (SOA), Enterprise Service Bus (ESB), etc.
- Integration experience with various technologies (web services, XML, ESB, etc.).
- Familiar with IBM WebSphere ESB and/or Process Server.
- Expert knowledge of the software build, configuration and release process supporting the software development lifecycle.
- Ability to work independently, meet deadlines and work with users on projects.
- Must have exceptional analysis, judgment, project management skills.
- Ability to communicate orally and in writing with both technical and non-technical staff.
- Ability to adapt to changing technology and priorities.
- Ability to provide resolutions to a diverse range of complex problems.
- Understands relational databases, financial applications and the interactions between applications.
- Must have effective interpersonal skills, good written and verbal communication skills, professional level of diction and grammar, ability to organize own work schedule, manage complex projects, direct the work of others, and ensure that assigned tasks are completed by specified deadlines.
- Must be able to work well under pressure, and provide effective leadership to other programmer analysts
A combination of education and experience may meet qualifications.
Job Number: 041462