WHAT IS THE OPPORTUNITY?
Develops, maintains, and enhances business applications providing specialized technical or business knowledge to projects. Utilizes a variety of computing architectures including client/server, intranet and Web. Collaborates with bank customers, staff, IT colleagues, and other stakeholders to identify user requirements, assess available technologies, and recommends solution options.
Technology & Innovation Division
As a member of City National's Technology & Innovation group, you will drive, develop, and maintain solutions for clients and colleagues. This is an exciting time of technology advancement and innovation across the bank, particularly within our technology teams.
WHAT WILL YOU DO?
- Provides business analysis and programming expertise within an assigned business area, usually as a member of a project team, in analyzing, designing, modifying, and developing business applications.
- Formulates and defines application scope and objectives; devises and modifies procedures to solve business problems. Analyzes existing programs or formulates logic for new programs. Defines problems, identifies and analyzes application requirements. Develops analytical tools including logic charts, diagrams, record formats and coding structures to assist in problem analysis.
- Prepares programming specifications from which programs will be written, and designs, codes, tests, debugs, and documents programs.
- Devises or modifies procedures to solve problems considering computer equipment capacity and limitations, operating time and form of desired results.
- Prepares programming documentation and recommends changes in development, maintenance and application standards.
- Develops business relationships and integrates activities with other IT departments to ensure successful implementation and support project efforts.
- Analyzes and develops logical database designs, data models and relational data definitions across multiple computing environments (e.g., host based, distributed systems, client server, etc.)
- May lead small projects or regularly coach other project personnel to ensure business application systems are developed in a way that complies with architectural standards and established methodologies and practices.
- Represents the bank by actively participating in outside civic and community affairs, business and industry-related organizations, and other professional activities as appropriate.
- Fosters and maintains good relationships with colleagues to meet expected customer
- service levels.
- Maintains contact with vendors, industry peers, and professional associations to
- keep informed of existing and evolving industry standards and technologies.
- Complies fully with all Bank Operational and Credit policies and procedures as well as all regulatory requirements (e.g. Bank Secrecy Act, Know Your Client, Community Reinvestment Act, Fair Lending Practices, Code of Conduct, etc.).
- Completes all required training.
WHAT DO YOU NEED TO SUCCEED
- *Bachelor's Degree
- *Minimum 6 years' experience as a business or data/programmer analyst required.
- *Minimum 6 years' experience with industry standard tools and languages (i.e. Visual Studio, Reporting Services, TFS, C#, ASP.NET 5, Web Services) required