A Typical Day
The Programmer III (ABAP) works under minimal supervision and is responsible for all facets of the application programming lifecycle management for software solutions in a process manufacturing environment. Also, the Programmer III will lead medium to large-sized projects and collaborate with other member of the IS department on the analysis, design, troubleshooting, problem resolution, maintenance, and documentation of software systems and programs.
- Design and develop programs using ABAP based on requirements provided by business and SAP functional teams. Diagnose and resolve programming defects in production.
- Demonstrate knowledge of SAP Netweaver platform, ABAP, FIORI and HANA
- Design and execute test plans collaboratively with other SAP analysts to ensure that business requirements and functional specifications are implemented properly and meet business objectives.
- Communicate SAP technology capabilities/possibilities to SAP Analysts
- Support Managerial and Operational reports using Business Intelligence tools.
- Maintain interfaces between systems where applicable.
- Create, organize, and maintain critical technical and functional documentation for related business processes, including technical specifications, test plans, and training materials.
- Design coding standards. Understands and executes peer review process to meet quality standards.
- Ensures that all applications deliver a consistent high level of quality by minimizing program bugs and inefficiencies through standardized testing procedures
- Leads functional and technical specifications reviews, and application code reviews
- Coordinates efforts across all I.S. groups and ensures full communication of project-related work to these groups.
- Provides technical support for all applications as necessary, both during and after project completion
- Reviews requirements and develops software development cost estimates and associated timeline.
- Provides oversight of other junior IS team members and contractors.
- Assumes technical project leadership role within the project team when designated.
What You Will Need
- Bachelor's in computer science or related field plus 5 years related experience OR Master’s degree plus 1 year related experience.
- In-depth technical knowledge in at least another programming language such as Java, Web tools, R, PHP
- Experience in advanced debugging techniques to identify and resolve issues quickly
- Experience with SAP or other third party mobility applications
- Experience developing, testing and maintaining all of the RICEFW objects and data dictionary
- Experience with complex functionality including but not limited to Catch Weight Management
- Ability to communicate effectively with non-technical staff and with members of interdisciplinary team
- Ability to learn, comprehend, and use, various methods, procedures, and techniques used in developing and writing computer programs.
- Strong trouble-shooting, analytical, and critical thinking skills and the ability to translate higher level knowledge to others
- Ability to effectively manages multiple priorities
- Ability to understand complex business processes, rules, and demonstrate business acumen, and is subject matter expert
- Knowledge of principles and processes for providing customer and personal services. This includes customer needs assessment, meeting quality standards for services, and evaluation of customer satisfaction.
What Will Put You Ahead
- Bachelor's in computer science or related field plus 7 years related experience OR Master's degree plus 2 years related experience.
- Experience with SAP S/4 HANA
- Dairy Industry experience
- Experience with JAVA stack
- Experience with PI and Dell Boomi.