The USC Keck School of Medicine - Alzheimer Therapeutic Research Institute (ATRI), located in San Diego, California is an academic institute comprised of an expert panel of scientific collaborators committed to advancing the development of new treatments for Alzheimer’s Disease (AD) through innovative clinical trials.
ATRI is looking for a Programmer Analyst II that will assist with developing software applications using programming languages to the given design specifications. Duties include but are not limited to:
- Follow design specifications to code, test, debug, install, document, and maintain software applications.
- Develops new and enhanced functionality for software applications.
- Prepares code documentation in support of program development.
- Responsible for Interfacing with users to determine software application objectives, scope and requirements.
- Performs work of moderate complexity and handles most activities under general supervision of more experienced programming staff.
- 1+ years full-stack web development experience including front-end, back-end
- Experience with Django and the Django security models is highly preferred
- Experience writing and shipping code with a modern web application framework (preferably: AngularJS, Cassandra, React, NoSQL)
- Experience with an RDBMS (PostgreSQL, MySQL, etc.)
- Experience with version control fundamentals (GIT, HG, SVN, etc.)
- Experience with Agile Project Management Tools (Atlassian – JIRA - Confluence)
- Experience with test-driven development (TDD) and Continuous Integration
- Strong understanding of fundamental web service technologies including XML, SOA, and REST is highly preferred
- Strong software integration experience
- Strong understanding of AWS
- Good taste with respect to code quality
- Passionate about performance, reliability and scalability
Located in San Diego, CA
Salary: Dependent on Experience and Education
Minimum Education: Bachelor's degree, Combined work experience and education as equivalent Minimum Experience: 1 year, Combined education/experience as substitute for minimum experience Minimum Field of Expertise: Sound knowledge of programming and documentation procedures, programming methods, program flow charts and operator instructions. Knowledge of one or more appropriate computer languages.