Responsible for defining, developing, testing, analyzing, and maintaining software applications in support of the achievement of business requirements. This includes writing, coding, testing, and analyzing software programs and applications. Responsible for researching, designing, documenting, and modifying software specifications throughout the production life cycle, and providing guidance to junior team members.
EEO / VETERANS / DISABLED
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND BASIC DUTIES:
- Collaborates with developers, programmers, and designers in conceptualizing and development of new software programs and applications.
- Liaises with network administrators, systems analysts, and software engineers to assist in resolving problems with software products or company software systems.
- Analyzes and assesses existing business systems and procedures.
- Assists in the definition, development, and documentation of software’s business requirements, objectives, deliverables, and specifications on a project-by-project basis in collaboration with internal users and departments.
- Assists in defining software development project plans, including scoping, scheduling, and implementation.
- Researches, identifies, analyzes, and fulfills requirements of all internal and external program users.
- Consistently writes, translates, and codes software programs and applications according to specifications.
- Writes programming scripts to enhance functionality and/or performance of company applications as necessary.
- Designs, runs and monitors software performance tests on new and existing programs for the purposes of correcting errors, isolating areas for improvement, and general debugging.
- Administers critical analysis of test results and delivers solutions to problem areas.
- Conducts research on emerging application development software products, languages, and standards in support of procurement and development efforts.
- Liaises with vendors for efficient implementation of new software products or systems and for resolution of any adaptation issues.
- Installs software products for end users as required.
- Manages and/or provides guidance to junior team members.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor degree in the field of computer science, information systems, or software engineering, with a minimum of 5 years equivalent work experience preferred
- Excellent understanding of coding methods and best practices.
- Knowledge of applicable data privacy practices and laws.
- Hands-on experience developing test cases and test plans.
- Prior experience interviewing end-users for insight on functionality, interface, problems, and/or usability issues.
- Experience working in a team-oriented, collaborative environment
- Experience working in a fast-paced high demand environment
- The focus of this position varies based on the technology it supports/works with. Ideally the person in this position has 3 years of experience with the relevant technology.
- System implementation experience is preferred.
- Flexible and adaptable in regards to learning and understanding new technologies.
- Effective interpersonal skills and relationship-building skills.
- Ability to conduct research into software-related issues and products.
- Strong written, oral, and interpersonal communication skills.
- Highly self motivated and directed.
- Keen attention to detail.
- Able to communicate effectively with non-technical staff and with members of interdisciplinary teams.
- Proven analytical and problem-solving abilities.
- Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment.
- Experience working both independently and in a team-oriented, collaborative environment.
- Excellent understanding of departmental goals and objectives.
- Proficiency in a 3GL programming language
- Micro Focus Open PL/1 for Linux preferred
- Other PL/1 or COBOL programmers traditionally have transferrable skills
- Linux (Red Hat) experience and knowledge
- Experience in a clustered environment a plus
- Shell scripting experience, including bash and Perl.
- Microsoft: Windows, Office
- Whole Sale Food distribution
- Supplier/Vendor Maintenance & Management
- Vendor PO creation
- Inbound receipt processing
- Sales Order management
- Customer Maintenance & Management
- Order creation/processing
- Inventory allocation
- Product Management
- Inventory management
- Warehousing Management
- Costing/Coding/Pricing knowledge, including promotions management
- Financial Reporting
- General Reporting
- Creative experience building ad hoc reports from available data using available tools
- SDLC (Solution Development Life Cycle)
- General understanding of:
- Requirements gathering
- Design document creation
- Test case creation
- Unit testing methodologies
Tracking Code 15099-935