Programmer Analyst II - Genetics
This opportunity is full-time and works approximately 40 hours per week. Hours are generally normal business hours but may vary due to the timing for experiments and other research activity deadlines.
Department Name/Job Location
This opportunity is in the Department of Genetics – Genome Technology Access Center located in the Cortex One Building, 4320 Forest Park Avenue
This position involves working as a Front End Web Developer with an experienced group of researchers and bioinformatics personnel to design, develop and support web applications in a scientific/research environment.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
The primary focus of the work includes but is not limited to the following:
- 3D Web UI/UX (User Interface / User Experience) design and development for novel scientific tools.
Equivalent of Bachelor’s degree in computer programming with 3 to 5 years of experience as a programmer analyst.
- Talent and love for writing software, interest in developing that skill and applying it in a scientific environment.
- Capability to learn new things on a regular basis, think critically, and collaborate with others across groups.
- Determination to get things done in a fast-paced environment.
- Proficiency in design, testing, debugging, and analysis.
- Thorough knowledge of web interface design.
- Working knowledge of one or more scriptinglanguages used in Linux (Bash, Python, Ruby, Perl, etc.).
- Knowledge of any of the following is helpful, but not required: AWS (Amazon Web Services), Apache, MySQL, Python, Django, and PHP.