The Senior SQL Developer (Programmer Analyst) is part of the IT Applications team. This position is part of a team of systems analysts responsible for development and process improvements for business applications supporting our global operations.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Work with other analysts and business users to provide business systems analysis including requirements analysis & documentation, system capability mapping, test case development, global process alignment, data integrity validation for our key business functions.
- Create new software functionality, configure systems and provide ad hoc reporting as required. Create user and technical documentation of new and existing functionality and demonstrate features through user training sessions.
- Participate in and contribute to key system upgrades and major projects. Evaluate and recommend new and enhanced infrastructure related to key systems including software, third-party tools, development methodologies, etc, ensuring infrastructure components meet reliability, scalability, supportability and integration requirements.
- Drive software development, validation and User Acceptance Testing in accordance with Cascade IT SOX policies and procedures governing change management for Progress language based reporting.
- Become the IT subject matter expert in one or more application areas such as ERP system integration, CRM, BI, SharePoint, etc.
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE, AND SKILLS REQUIRED
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or Business Information Systems, certifications or studies in programming, systems analysis, project management, and business operations with a mixture of technical and business related course work
- Minimum of 2 years of development experience in C++ and .Net preferably in support of ERP, CRM and reporting processes.
- In depth knowledge of SQL queries and triggers with an understanding of SQL Administration tools and techniques.
- Demonstrated expertise working with complex data models, business process management and systems integration requirements to enable application, process and data changes across a complex, integrated environment.
- Must possess excellent analytical, problem solving, organizational and interpersonal skills with the ability to move cleanly from theoretical to implementation thinking.
- Ability to focus on crisp execution of on near-term and long-term objectives, projects, process improvement initiatives and tactical operational activities.
- Must have excellent communication skills with the ability to communicate effectively and clearly, in writing and/or orally, both in one-on-one and group presentation situations. Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively with the global IT team.