The Programmer Analyst II will primarily be responsible for the technical design, development, maintenance, testing, and support of the company's external facing web sites, including Bissell.and all related international web sites. They will work closely with BISSELL's marketing communications team to understand the business objectives and requirements, and will design the underlying technical architecture and develop the systems to support those business requirements. Additionally, this individual is expected to provide leadership in architecting the overall environment to support not only BISSELL's web sites, but all of the Company's web based business applications. When not directly engaged in the development or support of the Company's external web site(s), this person will also assist in the development and support of the Company's Intranet or other web based applications. This would include extranet applications as well as web applications developed solely for internal use.
This position works closely with other members of the BISSELL business application development team to design, develop, and implement any required integration between the web site and the Company's other business application systems. They be working closely with the IT infrastructure team in the design, implementation, and support of the underlying technical architecture required to support the web sites, Intranet and other web based applications. This person must function effectively in a collaborative team environment.
POSITION PROFILE (Major duties, accountabilities, and responsibilities)
- Work closely with BISSELL marketing communications associates to understand and document the business requirements for bissell.and related business applications, such as order processing.
- Design, develop, maintain and support bissell.and related web sites, including ecommerce capabilities.
- Work closely with other members of the BISSELL business application development team to design, develop and implement the integration between the Company's web sites, such as bissell., and the Company's other business application systems.
- Determine needs, recommend, develop and maintain standards, policies procedures for the development and support of bissell.as well as BISSELL's other web based systems.
- needs and recommend tools to improve the development, management & support of the BISSELL Internet site as well as other web based applications.
- Recommend and implement measurements to monitor, tune and improve BISSELL's Web Site as well as other web based applications.
- Work closely with associates in other business areas, to analyze business requirements and design application systems to fulfill the identified business needs.
- Determine user requirements, design, code, test, implement and support business application systems for all assigned projects.
- Prepare and maintain appropriate documentation following department standards for all business applications systems development & support activities.
- Develop work plans, schedules, estimates, and status updates for all assigned projects in an agile environment.
- Provide technical assistance, training and support for other team members or business users as appropriate.
- Write detailed descriptions of business needs, program specifications and functions, and steps required to develop or modify applications. Provide estimates and plans for accomplished tasks.
- May be required to perform other duties as assigned.
REQUIRED CORE COMPETENCIES for PROFESSIONAL/TECHNICAL JOB FAMILY:
- Global strategic thinking and implementation
- Continuous Improvement
- Oral and written communication with impact
- Manage/contribute to multiple dynamic priorities
- Professional expertise Actively seek and share information
- Interpersonal/collaborative skills
- Degree minimum: Bachelor's degree in Computer Information Systems, Computer Science or related field
- Experience level: 5 years in business application systems development and support; 2+ years in design, development, and support of one or more website including e-commerce functionality; 3-5 years in C# programming
- Working knowledge of commonly used concepts, practices, and procedures in the design, development, and implementation of websites and business application systems
- Knowledge, skills or experience in one or more of the following areas is desired;
- Development of web based applications.
- Design and development of client/server applications.
- Design and development of business application systems
- Position requires experience with the following:
- Experience with relational databases, preferably Microsoft SQL Server
- Experience with SalesForce Commerce Cloud development
- Experience with C#
- Experience with MVC
- Experience with .Net Core
- Experience with Azure DevOps
- Experience with SSRS or any other reporting tool
- Position requires the ability to manage the flow of data, perform analysis, generate summary reports and communicate by voice or data.
- Knowledge and/or prior experience with Content Management systems such as SalesForce Commerce Cloud
- Experience with automated testing tools for functional and non-functional testing
- Experience with load/performance testing and tools
- Experience of WCF/REST (JSON/XML)
- Knowledge of DevOps and CI/CD concepts
- Knowledge of methodology, procedures and practices in all facets of the systems development life cycle, particularly systems design and implementation.
- Systems Planning
- Systems Design
- Systems Implementation
- Software Selection and Implementation
- Production Systems Support