The Programmer Analyst has specific responsibilities of leading application development systems design. The delivery of reliable and secure software solutions meeting the operational specifications required through development of the system logic. Responsible for reviewing and guiding the code of other team members through reviews. This role is empowered and accountable for software systems designs, including loosely coupled designs across verticals and platforms. Triage, debugging, surveillance & monitoring are all key activities for non-development environments. Professional growth of knowledge across both technical and operational domains is required. Expectations include innovation and critical thinking leading to decision making driving towards efficient, simple solutions answering to complex business needs. Partner with fellow COE team members, Planning, Architecture, Infrastructure, and Operational teams towards constructing solutions while progressing towards the approved enterprise technology stack. This position is also responsible for looking for synergy across Specialty applications, and realizing benefits gained sharing features across home delivery applications.
- Works to develop skills, self-motivated, provides feedback to others, and oversees resolution technical issues and complexities. Identify process improvement and code synergies achieved through innovative ideas and critical thinking.
- Consult with business departments as needed. Ensures projects/initiatives are completed within designated time frames and tracks progress reports to management.
- Works on resolution of urgent and on-going problems to ensure their team’s contribution to overall reliability.
- Trusted advisor to Operations and cross-functional team members, providing data and technical insight from the application metrics, pertaining to business impact.
- Ensures defects are quickly assessed and/or mitigated and resolved, whether in non-production or production.
- Represents Information Technology in cross-functional meetings and projects. Prepares for, implements and communicates new corporate initiatives and processes within assigned team.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, MIS, or related field or equivalent work experience and 1 year of relevant work experience.
- Experience in software development.
- Proven organizational skills with the ability to develop a detailed work plan to ensure project success
- Demonstrated problem solving skills and the ability to work collaboratively with other departments to resolve issues
- Possess excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong requirements elicitation and conflict resolution skills
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment, handling multiple priorities.
Job Id: REQ20009155