Essential Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Able to make programming decision without consultation.
- Implement business projects with minimal guidance from supervisors.
- Formulates plan outlining steps required to develop program using structured analysis and design.
- Provide technical assistance to program users if needed.
- Monitors performance of programs after implementation.
- Analyzes, reviews, and alters programs to increase operating efficiency or adapt to new requirements and/or environments.
- Provide beginning analyst functions by directing programmers in implementation process of projects, contributing and providing ideas and input for project development, and teaching existing business and technical knowledge to Programmer I & II.
- Other work duties assigned by management.
- High School Diploma required. Bachelor Degree from trade school or university in business or related programming studies required.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Ability to understand specific business area and its rules, (ie MPCI, Crop Hail, Property Casualty) for application development.
- Strong programming/debugging skills used primarily in business applications.
- Ability and desire to continue to learn business rules for applications development and expansion.
- Ability to write program documentation and descriptions for users to comprehend usage of applications.
At Chubb, we are committed to equal employment opportunity and compliance with all laws and regulations pertaining to it. Our policy is to provide employment, training, compensation, promotion, and other conditions or opportunities of employment, without regard to race, color, religious creed, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, national origin, ancestry, mental and physical disability, medical condition, genetic information, military and veteran status, age, and pregnancy or any other characteristic protected by law. Performance and qualifications are the only basis upon which we hire, assign, promote, compensate, develop and retain employees. Chubb prohibits all unlawful discrimination, harassment and retaliation against any individual who reports discrimination or harassment.