Risk Management Systems & Services (RMSS) is seeking an experienced Programmer Analyst Advisory who specializes in several development stages of SDLC.
Reporting to the Senior Manager, Development, the incumbent is responsible for acting as the liaison between Development team and Operations team in Risk Management Systems & Services (RMSS) department.
The successful candidate would be responsible for several phases of the Systems Development Life Cycle (SDLC), including feasibility studies, research, analysis, development, and testing for new systems or enhancements to existing medium to large initiatives.
The incumbent must work under tight deadlines, conflicting priorities and changing project requirements. The incumbent must be able to react quickly to resolve problems and work overtime on occasion to meet deadlines and to implement systems with minimal impact to the end users
To join our team, the individual must be proactive and dynamic, demonstrate initiative, have an eagerness to learn, be adaptable to a high-paced environment, and thrive on challenge
• Designing, implementing and refactoring code (ETL Languages: Transactional SQL, Talend, etc.).
• Participating in design discussions focused on scalability, design and implementation best practices.
• Ensure software, programs and applications are developed and/or configured to meet high availability, integrity and reliability requirements.
• Working with lead engineers and architects on breaking-down, scoping and estimating tasks.
• Participating in planning and retrospective sessions, attending stand-ups, etc.
• Be able to design, build and operate the software and infrastructure that keeps our solutions running.
• Our teams are flexible and fast – you will be asked to provide leadership, mentorship, peer review and quality control on a daily basis
•Must have extensive (5+ years) hands on technical working experience programming using ETL Tools – Talend/Python
• Experience developing in both Agile and Waterfall environments
• Continuous Integration tools (Jenkins, Github, Puppet, Chef, etc.) experience is highly desirable
• Nice to have experience with Big data/Hadooptechnologies such Hive/Spark
• Solid knowledge of big data and data warehousing concepts / principles
• Knowledge of most common software design patterns.
• Awareness of how scalable, enterprise-level software system is designed (both on code and infrastructure levels).
• Experience working with relational databases (Sybase, SQL Server, Oracle).
• Understanding of software release process (environments, binary repositories, CI/CD).
• Attention to details, high standards for quality.
• Desire to learn, grow yourself and your team.
• Passion for driving teams towards high performance and a deep pride in quality craftsmanship that delights users.
• Writing and maintaining related documentation.
• Investigating, analyzing, and resolving system problems
• Bachelor (equivalent or higher) degree in Computer Science.
• Experience working with big data platforms (Hadoop, etc.).
• Experience designing and implementing mobile applications and services.
• Good knowledge of various networking protocols and terminology (TCP/IP, gateways, routers, firewalls, etc.)
• Experience designing and implementing cloud-based applications, awareness of main public cloud offerings (Microsoft Azure, AWS, GCE).
• Experience working with scriptinglanguages (Bash, PowerShell).
• Experience working in Agile environment
• Financial and Credit Risk / Loss experience
Requisition ID: 18815