Job number: 2439252
Programmer Analyst Advanced
United States, IL, Lincolnshire
APPLY SHAREJob Description
Alight Is Looking For A Programmer Analyst Advanced
As part of an industry-leading team, you will help empower results for our clients by delivering innovative and effective solutions as part of our Product Configuration and Implementation business group within Alight.
Your Impact As A Programmer Analyst Advanced
The Programmer Analyst Advanced (PAA) is responsible for converting client requirements into clear analysis artifacts and test plans. The PAA delivers analysis to create efficient batch processes and best meet the needs of our clients. The PAAsupports the Programmer Analyst (PA) with programming and testing batch systems, and analyzes and amends complex system errors. The role provides coaching to PAs in both technical and business domain knowledge. The PAA is a role that requires strong technical expertise as well as analysis skills.
- Work with Domain Manager (DM) or Benefits Service Manager (BSM) to clarify requirements.
- Provide service specific expertise for batch analysis to create comprehensive analysis specifications, and incorporate recommended updates to analysis based on review.
- Design test plans (unit, integration, regression, and acceptance) for batch centric tasks.
- Assist and coordinate in test planning with Systems Analysts (SAs) and Lead Systems Analysts (LSAs) for batch tasks with configuration (e.g., event flows, transactions).
- Incorporate updates to test plans based on review.
- Develop batch processes for mission critical, highly complex and urgent assignments.
- Deliver analysis and test plans to PAs for programming and testing work.
- Coach PAs on programming, testing, and defects.
- Review analysis and test plan documentation updates and evaluate the results of the test execution.
- Support production jobs through burn in period, ensure successful completion of critical batch jobs, and resolve production issues when notified.
- Provide technical expertise with internal and external users regarding interfaces or batch process.
You bring Knowledge & Experience
- 3-5 years related work experience (2-3 years at Alight in Programmer Analyst role).
- Bachelor's degree (with preferred concentrations in Math, Actuarial Science, Finance, Computer Science, Economics, MIS) or equivalent work experience.
- Keen learning agility.
- Outstanding problem solving and decision making skills.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Excellent listening and interpersonal skills.
- Highly self-motivated and directed.
- Keen attention to detail.
- Strong customer-service orientation.
- Able to prioritize and execute tasks in time-sensitive situations..
- Experience working in a team-oriented, collaborative environment.