Are you interested in the opportunity to work for an industry-leading company whose work with cutting-edge technology is driven by something human: the lives our technology protects? If so, Northrop Grumman may be the place for you. It’s not the systems that drive us: it’s the soldier our systems bring home. It’s not just the equipment that motivates us: it’s the people our equipment protects. It’s not the innovation that gets us up in the morning: it’s whom those innovations serve. We’re united by our work to help people and protect the world. And that mission makes our team even stronger.
When you join Northrop Grumman, you’ll have the opportunity to connect with coworkers in an environment that’s uniquely caring, diverse, and respectful. Employees share experiences, insights, perspectives, and creative solutions with some of the best minds in the industry. We collaborate through integrated product teams, cross-functional teams, and employee resource groups, while thriving through the support of training and development, mentors and every day coaching, along with extensive health and work/life benefits. We’re committed to our employees’ professional and personal development and success.
Northrop Grumman recruits top talent with traditional and non-traditional backgrounds in order to ensure our team is united, connected, skilled, focused and innovative. An inclusive workplace of people with diverse backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives is the key to our performance. At Northrop Grumman, we want our employees to bring their whole self to work. All your different sides are welcome here, as we believe they make our team, our products and our services, that much better.
Northrop Grumman Technology Services is seeking an Programmer Analyst 5 (SAS Developer) who will support several projects a large federal agency. These positions will be located in Woodlawn, MD.
The qualified applicant will become part of Northrop Grumman's Health Systems Management operating unit, which focuses on Healthcare IT solutions for our Federal, State, and Local government clients. The qualified candidate should also have strong analytical, problem solving, and communication skills with a keen attention to detail.
Description of Work:
- Provides technical and development support to the government client to build and maintain a stable and scalable infrastructure, in support of the Analytics Research center (ARC) platform
- Design and prepare technical specifications. Assist in project artifact documentation in business requirement documents, functional specs, flow charts and system architectures source to target mappings etc.
- Enable governments plan, design, development, validation, integration, and implementation Fraud analysis or any related applications
- Oversees business/user requirements efforts as part of a full systems development lifecycle and provide critical technical recommendations/ solutions for complex problems.
- Directs the business process engineering and/or business/user requirements efforts for major projects
- Leads and/or directs the efforts of specialists on project(s) across components and/or technical areas
- Act as self-starter with the ability to take on complex projects and analyses independently. Ensure secure coding practices are adhered to in all phases of the secure development lifecycle.
Basic Qualifications for a Programmer Analyst 5 (SAS Developer):
Minimum knowledge, skills, abilities needed.
- Bachelor's degree and 14 Years of relevant work experience OR Master's degree and 12 Years of relevant work experience OR a minimum 19 years of relevant work experience as a SAS Developer in lieu of a degree
- Minimum of 6 years of experience working with SAS products: Enterprise Guide, Enterprise Miner, Office Analytics, and EDI
- Minimum of 5 years of experience working with: The Mainframe and Mainframe SAS
- Minimum of 3 years of experience working with SAS visual analytics tools
- Minimum of 3 years of experience working with data ingestion technologies with reference to relational databases (i.e. DB2, Oracle, SQL)
- Demonstrate strong oral and written communication skills, with the ability to communicate technical topics to management and non-technical audiences, as well as interface with the customer on a daily basis.
- Must be US Citizen or US Permanent Resident (green card holder)
- Must be able to obtain and maintain a US Public Trust clearance
Candidates with these skills will be given preferential consideration.
- Experience using Hadoop ecosystem - HDFS, MapReduce, YARN, HBase, Hive and Pig.
- Experience with the inherited DataFlux Data Management Studio.
- Experience with object oriented programming in core java, JEE technologies and related libraries - JDBC/Hibernate, JMS and Spring.
- Experience with Apache Hadoop Administration (Preferred Cloudera Framework).
- Experience with Linux Administration (Centos and Red Hat).
- Experience with statistical modelling tools.
- Experience with Data Presentation/Visualization tools (e.g. Tableau or QlikView)
- Experience with development methodologies using different software languages
- Experience with Section 508 Compliance
- Knowledge of Revolution Analytics (R) or similar analytics tools
- Knowledge of leading-edge technologies, new methodologies, and best practices applicable to work performed.
- Knowledge of SSA’s Enterprise Architecture
- Proven ability to work with senior technical managers and staff to provide expert-level support for the installation, maintenance, upgrading, and administration of full-featured database management systems