BWXT’s mission is to provide safe and effective nuclear solutions for national security, clean energy, environmental remediation, nuclear medicine, and space exploration. We have manufacturing facilities, laboratories, and work sites all across the country, all of which require products and services to work efficiently and effectively.
The primary responsibilities of the Programmer Analyst include problem analysis, design, programming, testing, and any application of computer technology for the optimization of company resources. The preferred candidate has several years’ experience in software development.
- Assists the applications team using established processes of Agile Software Development (SCRUM).
- Participates in multiple facets of the application lifecycle including requirements, design, coding, integration, code review, unit testing, integration testing, issue resolution, verification and validation.
- Participate in the planning and estimation of activities, as part of the Agile Process, at the project level as well as the day to day task level.
- Create and maintain application integrations with custom and COTS products.
- Follow and provide input to the company’s standards for code standards, development process and quality management process.
- Identify root causes of issues, determines solution options, works with the business to determine solutions.
- Work closely with internal customers, learning pertinent business domain knowledge.
- Manage meetings and present ideas to groups in business-friendly and user-friendly language.
- A Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, or a related field is required.
- Must posses at least 6 or more years of relevant experience.
- Preferred experience in Clean Architecture principles, Razor Pages, Familiarity with Agile development methodology, Windows Presentation Foundation (WPF), PowerBuilder, and applying Design Patterns.
- Must have proven analytical, evaluative, and problem-solving skills.
- Must have the knowledge and ability to effectively prioritize tasks and manage small projects.
- Must have demonstrable written and oral communication skills.
- Must be a U.S. citizen with no dual citizenship.
- Must be able to obtain and maintain a U.S. Department of Energy (DOE) Q and NRC U clearance.