For a career in the health care field, there is simply no better choice in Idaho than St. Luke’s. We are the state’s largest private employer, with more than 15,000 employees and a medical staff of more than 1,300 physicians. St. Luke’s enjoys an outstanding reputation both as a quality employer and a superior health care organization. We are proud of our people who deliver skilled, compassionate care every day, and strive to add to our team only those individuals who will continue in the same tradition of excellence.
St. Luke’s Health System has an exciting opportunity for a Programmer Analyst 2 to join our team!
The Programmer/Analyst is responsible for installing and supporting computer application systems by coordinating with vendor representatives, system users/clients, project team members, coworkers in Information Technology, and management. May participate in or lead project teams in software selection, design and/or implementation. May provide on-going maintenance and support for production systems. May develop and maintain program code and JCL/job scripts where warranted.
- Perform computer application system analysis (from a business and/or technical perspective) leading to:
- business requirements
- system design
- solution development
- software selection
- project budget
- Perform tasks (from a business and/or technical perspective) necessary to accomplish:
- software development
- installation support
- Provide software (business and/or technical) support in response to user problems or questions referred by Customer Support or Production Operations. Involve vendor or other IT resources in the problem analysis process as required.
- Track customer calls using St. Luke’s Help Call and Request Tracking processes.
- Utilize St. Luke’s Change and Problem Management processes.
- Apply St. Luke’s Project Management Methodologies for assigned projects.
- Provide on-going (business and/or technical) support for assigned applications including:
- evaluation and application of vendor issued upgrades
- analysis and fulfillment of customer requests for enhancements
- development of reports and queries
- evaluation of performance factors
- resolution of production problems
- improvement of client relations
- other support activities as required
- Adhere to department standards.
- Serve as a role model and mentor to other members of the project group.
- Affect good price/performance returns on enterprise Information Technologyinvestments.
- Recognize and identify potential areas where existing policies and procedures require change, or new ones need to be developed.
- Work under moderate supervision as assigned by IT project manager.
- Provide team leadership on small to medium projects when assigned by management.
- Perform other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
-Graduation from a college or university with a Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Information Systems Management, a related field or a minimum of one-year equivalent programmer/analyst experience.
-Demonstrate effective communications skills to include oral and written comprehension/expression.
-Provide team leadership on small to medium projects when assigned by management.
-Ability and willingness to demonstrate and maintain competency as required for job title and the unit/area(s) of assignment.
-Ability and willingness to exhibit behaviors consistent with standards for performance improvement and organizational values (e.g., efficiency & financial responsibility, safety, partnership & service, teamwork, compassion, integrity, and trust & respect).
-Ability and willingness to work within an IT environment (project guidelines and timeframes/system support) to provide service excellence to the user community.
-Ability and willingness to work non-standard hours as required.
Requisition ID 2016-3320