About US SSL is a leading provider of commercial satellites and spacecraft systems, with broad expertise to support satellite operators and innovative space related missions. The company designs and manufactures spacecraft for services such as direct-to-home television, video content distribution, broadband internet, mobile communications, and Earth observation. Based in the heart of the Silicon Valley, SSL's advanced product line also includes state-of-the art small satellites, and sophisticated robotics and automation solutions for remote operations. A career with SSL could shape your future in ways that you've never imagined.
Due to the nature of our business, SSL has export control and security sensitivities that require all of our employees to be a United States Citizen, Permanent Resident of the United States, an Asylee, or a Refugee. SSL is an Equal Opportunity Employer.Job Description
Spacecraft Systems Engineering is an opportunity for involvement in the entire life cycle of high power communications satellites and to be on the leading edge of new developments in space. Systems Engineers interact with our internationally-diverse customer and vendor communities, direct complex engineering trade studies, and are integral to requirements definition, verification, and validation.
There are current opportunities with the Systems Engineering team for an engineer with experience in requirements definition and flow, verification, validation, test, and integration. Previously successful candidates for this role have a background in military (acquisition processes, nuclear power, shipyard, etc) or aerospace system design and integration. This is a dynamic role requiring the incumbent to expand beyond the borders of the traditional specialty knowledge so a broad-scope discipline (Aerospace Engineering; Applied Physics) as a graduate student is a plus. Strong communication skills are a must for this role which may also build on your knowledge of:
- Single and multi-axis rotating mechanisms
- Centers of Gravity/Moments of Inertia
- Design for manufacturability and test
- Power Systems
- Solar Arrays
- Controls and Dynamics
- Degree in Engineering (Aerospace, Mechanical, Electrical, Robotics, etc), Calculus-based Physics, or related field. Master's Degreepreferred.
- Systems Engineering experience or education (DAWIA certification for example) a plus.
- Experience with integration and testing preferred.
- Job may require some travel and weekend/off-shift support.
- Current or previous government clearance (TS/SCI) a plus
- Job requires clear oral and written communication skills in English. Multi-lingual skills a plus.
- Experienced user of Microsoft Office suite. Experience with database tools, structured authoring tools, Matlab, python, and/or other tools/languages a plus.
Experience Required 5-7 Years