$110K — $140K + great benefits and retirement!
The Program Supervisor for Outside Services reports to the Engineering Manager and is accountable for program supervision of outside design services. These programs will augment and supplement the engineering department in the preparation of plans and specifications by external resources to complete the company’s board approved capital budget.
The Program Supervisor for Outside Services is responsible for overseeing the external resources assigned to complete design services for the designated capital projects, as designated by the Engineering Manager. Under direction of the Engineering Manager, this position will coordinate closely with the Capital Program Management (CPM) team and the Centralized Procurement Services Department (CPSD) to engage and monitor these external resources according to Company policies and in alignment with the schedules and budgets established by the CPM team and as directed by the Engineering Manager.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Under the direction of Engineering Manager, oversees external resources concerning the completion of the design of designated capital projects.
• Ensures external resources complete design services in alignment with Company policies and design standards and in accordance with established schedules and budgets.
Monitors and reports on compliance with design timelines, budgets, and quality control activities and approves consultant and vendor payment requests.
• Under the direction of the Engineering Manager, plans, directs, assigns, reviews, and evaluates the work of external design resources.
• Prepares periodic reports for Senior Management on the status of the design of the capital construction program.
• Liaisons with other Engineering staff and other areas of company (e.g. Technical Services, Capital Program Management, Water Resources, Operations and CPSD) on prioritizing and completing externally designed projects.
• Ensures that legal, regulatory and Company requirements and commitments are met with respect to capital construction design efforts.
• Works with CPSD to develop, manage and execute external design contracts and resolve issues with vendors and/or consultants regarding commencement, execution and completion of services for the design of construction projects.
• Bachelor’s Degree in civil or mechanical engineering or related field AND no less than 5 years of relevant experience in managing public works and/or public utility projects.
• Currently registered in good standing as a Civil Engineer by the California Board for Professional Engineers, Land Surveyors, and Geologists.
• Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint and other applicable office software.
Knowledgeable in AutoCAD and Bluebeam Revu.
• Knowledge of and experience using project management software preferred.
• Strong project management capabilities; including ability to control project budget and schedule, identify problems, and implement corrective actions. Project Management Professional (PMP) certified a plus.
• Strong to excellent oral and written communication and analytical skills.
• Good negotiating, leadership, and management skills.
• Good to strong presentation skills.
• Ability to work independently to resolve cost, scheduling and resource allocation issues.
• May include but not limited to standing, walking, bending, pulling and/or pushing, grasping, lifting, reaching, stooping and crouching, color determination, typing, sitting, reading, speaking and listening.
Valid through: 4/23/2021