Program Specialist - Reporting Specialist
5 - 7 years experience • Information Services
Role: - Program Specialist, Global Regulatory Reporting Transaction Review Program
Location: - Charlotte, NC
Number of opened positions: 4
The Program Specialist will play a key role in the development and execution of the enterprise-wide Regulatory Reporting Transaction Review Program (TRP).
This position will interact with all levels of management, will lead and drive transformational efforts across the enterprise, and will gain valuable exposure to a wide variety of the Company’s processes / products / businesses as part of an expanding Program.
The TRP was established in 2016 with an initial mandate to support the newly required CCAR CFO attestation surrounding the validity of stress-test data submitted to the Federal Reserve (e.g., FR Y-14 Q/M reports). Given the importance of these filings and attestation requirements, the TRP is a high visibility program across the enterprise and receives valuable exposure from multiple Senior Executives.
The initial scope of the TRP covers the end-to-end process of evaluating the integrity of the data reported within the FR Y-14 Q/M reports. This includes:
- Establishing frameworks relating to
- Scoping (including risk-based assessments)
- Reporting of findings
- Executing against those frameworks
- Developing subject matter expertise knowledge of reports
- Developing and maintaining the testing workflow tool / application
- Training team members and other key stakeholders on frameworks to ensure flawless execution
- Partnering with various stakeholders including front line units, Risk, Compliance, and Corporate Audit
The current team size is approximately 30 employees across two core global locations however, the TRP is in the process of increasing its footprint by expanding our scope to other regulatory reports (e.g., FFIEC 009, etc). This role will report directly to the TRP Leader within the Financial Control Oversight department which consists of over 175 internal control professionals across the globe
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent in Accounting, Finance, or Information Technology
- Four+ years of experience in audit, risk, compliance or data sourcing/testing. Big 4 and financial services industry experiencepreferred
- Strong communication skills (oral and written); ability to converse with management at all levels
- Strong networking and relationship management skills
- Ability to manage and develop team members
- Strong project management skills with the ability to balance multiple competing priorities
- Detail orientated
- Strong process improvement mindset
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (Excel, Word and PowerPoint)
- Knowledge of FR Y-14 Q/M data elements and requirements
- Knowledge of the Company’s core products (e.g. consumer lending, wholesale lending, trading, etc)
- Proficient in SharePoint, Microsoft Access, Visio and Project
What are the 3-4 non-negotiable requirements on this position?
· Bachelor’s Degree
· 4+ years of experience in audit, risk, compliance or data sourcing/testing
· Strong Project Management skills
· Strong networking and relationship building
What are the nice-to-have skills?
1. SOXexperience 2. Knowledge of FR Y-14 Q/M data elements and requirements 3. Proficient in SharePoint, Microsoft Access, Visio, and Project
What is exciting about this opportunity? Please use this section to describe team and company culture.
This is a new transaction review process that was established to support CCAR CFO Attestation surrounding the validity of stress test date submitted to the Federal Reserve. Given the important of these filings and attestation requirements, the transaction review process is a high visibility program across the enterprise and receives valuable exposure from multiple Senior Executives.