Manages for the design, specification and implementation of Order Management related projects to improve the efficiency and accuracy of the global Spares Customer Service organization. Works closely with customers, colleagues, and other stakeholders and provides expertise in identifying, evaluating and developing system requirements and business process procedures.
Seeks opportunities to build solutions that will improve business processes and support critical business strategies. Recommends changes to policies and establishes procedures that affect immediate organization(s).
Leads or participates in departmental or cross-functional teams focused on the delivery of a comprehensive solution to a stated business problem or opportunity. Leads cross functional teams with a position emphasis on medium and large scale projects. Receives assignments in the form of objectives and determines how to use resources to meet schedules and goals. Implements projects globally while assuring necessary project buy-in of stakeholders throughout the process to ensure solution effectiveness. Plans and executes unit, integration and acceptance testing.
Monitors the program/project from initiation through delivery, interfacing with stakeholders on solution set. Organizes and drives interdepartmental activities ensuring completion of the program/project on schedule and within budget constraints.
Acts as an advisor to peers, subordinates and senior management regarding Spares Order Management system and business process capabilities. Provides day-to-day guidance and leadership as appropriate in the area of expertise, or seeks out appropriate resources as required. Assists the order processing community in troubleshooting and solving SAP SD system problems.
The incumbent will primarily drive cross-functional projects and recurring activities within Global Customer Service Operations, enabling synergies between business units.
Supports organizational needs and partnering with business units outside of GLIS as well as lead or support larger Global Operations projects and initiatives as needed.
- Knowledge: Having broad expertise or unique knowledge, uses skills to contribute to development of company objectives and principles and to achieve goals in creative and effective ways
- Job Complexity: Works on significant and unique issues where analysis of situations or data requires an evaluation of intangibles. Exercises independent judgment in methods, techniques and evaluation criteria for obtaining results. Contacts pertain to significant matters often involving coordination among groups
- Strong negotiation and analytical skills, with strong interpersonal and oral and written communication skills and the ability to work effectively with executive management
- Ability to manage ambiguity and convert into actionable plans/requirements
- Ability to abide by and navigate internal project governance and structure
- Demonstrates strong skills in leading and managing cross-functional teams. Comfortable taking the lead and able to drive issues to closure
- Self-motivated and able to take an initiative and run with it with little to no instruction and general instructions on new assignments
- Ability to supervise and guide less experienced personnel
- Skill in organizing resources and establishing priorities
- Empowered to make decisions on functional, process or operational changes
- Knowledge of management principles and practices
- Flexibility to change directions and ability to handle multiple responsibilities and tasks
- Need to be a driver, self-motivated, and results-driven
- Work to obtain knowledge of industry and competitor trends for operations
- Detailed knowledge of Lam business processes – should possess, or work to develop and maintain a strong understanding of the business processes in place across BU and eventually Lam’s entire value chain and be able to effectively bridge that understanding to the organization’s strategy and tactics
BS or BA degree
Knowledge of system configuration in SAP SD module, SAP sales transactions and table structures highly desirable
PMP or CIRM certification desired
Minimum technical skills required:
- Extensive understanding of SAP - SD Module
-7+ years work experience in SAP and Order Management Project Management
Professional certification / licenses:
Project Management Institute certification or equivalent course work is highly desired
7+ years experience with SAP 7 or higher
7+ years Project Management Skills or Customer Service Order Management
Other essential qualifications:
- Advanced Microsoft Excel Skills
- In depth understanding and utilization of all Microsoft Office programs
- Strong communication skills with the ability to influence all levels of management
Experiencing managing or implementing any of the following technologies is highly desirable but not required
- Customer facing website for order placement, quotation, and RMA
- Compliance / Quality Programs
- Esker for Sales Order Processing
Nearest Major Market: San Francisco
Nearest Secondary Market: Oakland
Job Segment: Project Manager, ERP, Developer, SAP, XML, Technology