$100K — $150K *
You don’t see it, but it’s there. Our employees work on the world’s most advanced electronics –from saving emissions in the City of Lights to powering the Mars Rover to protecting the F-35 fighter jet. At Electronic Systems, you’ll be among the brightest minds, working on the aerospace and defense industry’s most difficult problems. Drawing strength from our differences, we’re innovating for the future. And you can, too. Our flexible work environment provides you a chance to change the world without giving up your personal life. We put our customers first –exemplified by our missions: “We Protect Those Who Protect Us®” and “We Innovate For Those Who Move The WorldTM.” Sound like a team you want to be a part of? Come build your career with BAE Systems.
Electronic Combat Solutions (ECS) has technology, engineering and program teams that educate and mentor colleagues to deliver leading Electronic Warfare capabilities. We welcome all those who have big ideas, crave innovation, want to drive fielding velocity and have the passion to bring the warfighter home safe.
Leads staff of Program Planners reporting to the Sr. Program Planning Manager in the Electronic Combat Solutions (ECS) Business Area. Prepares, develops and coordinates the integrated master plan and integrated master schedule to meet all program objectives. Ensures major projects and program schedules and plans are horizontally and vertically integrated across company functional groups including but not limited to finance, engineering, material, manufacturing, and quality. Monitors program schedule performance, tracks plans and schedules, performs risk analysis, identifies and resolves critical path and network logic conflicts. Utilizes Gantt, PERT, milestone charts, earned value management and other project management techniques to gauge progress and identify performance variances to facilitate focus and intervention on critical areas. Updates and prepares reports for customers.
Required Education, Experience, & Skills
* Trains and mentors employees in the performance of their duties and career goals. Provides timely feedback to staff regarding their performance and development. Prioritizes and delegates assignments ensuring effective support is provided to customers, program management staff and functional organizations.
* Responsible for persistent and comprehensive staff and stakeholder engagement, including bi-weekly staff 1-on-1’s, bi-weekly staff meetings, quarterly Project Manager check-ins and attendance of weekly Sr. Planning Manager staff meetings.
* Contributes to developing staff objectives, utilization goals and driving of process improvement and engagement metrics.
* Prepares and delivers mid-year and year-end Performance Reviews for assigned staff members. Contributes to merit and salary planning.
* Subject Matter Expert level proficiency in Defense project Program Planning, Critical Path methodology and advanced Microsoft Project skills.
* Ensures that all schedules prepared within area of responsibility are fully compliant with BAE Electronic Systems (ES), customer, and industry requirements including the Integrated Program Management Data and Analysis Report (IPMDAR) DI-MGMT-81861B. Develops critical and driving path analyses in compliance with ES, customer, and industry requirements.
* Implements and evaluates schedule risk analyses (SRA) as required. Briefs program, business area, and functional teams on SRA results and makes recommendations on techniques to optimize the schedule to ensure low risk performance. Independently evaluates program risks and status and makes actionable recommendations to management.
* Supports ES, customer, and industry planning and scheduling guidelines and procedures by conducting presentations, training, and other informational sessions with business and program management personnel.
* Supports Independent Cost Evaluation (ICE) and Phase Review team reviews through the analysis and assessment of schedule performance.
* Participates in sector and company functional activities including training, surveillance, tool evaluation, policy reviews, process management, and continuous improvement initiatives.
* Possess a thorough understanding of US DoD schedule policies and Earned Value Management Systems (EVMS) requirements
* Ability to develop and maintain professional and effective relationships with internal and external stakeholders
* Strong interpersonal skills to influence and lead diverse staff members and work teams
* 8+ years’ work experience with Bachelor’s degree and/or equivalent experience
Preferred Education, Experience, & Skills
* Prior Staff Management experience, preferably in the Planning/Scheduling function
* Strong project team experience / PMI-PMP or PMI-SP certification
* Secret Clearance with ability to achieve TS/SCI
* Experience with the conduct of Root Cause and Corrective Action (RCCA) events
* Ability to prioritize and self-manage a multi-tasked workload in a fast-paced environment
* Ability to make decisions with sound judgment while complying with policies and procedures
* Exercise discretion and independent judgment in the performance of duties set forth above.
* Communicate effectively both orally and in writing.
* Exhibit sound interpersonal skills involving interfacing, coordinating and negotiating with company personnel, customers and suppliers.
* Analyze, evaluate, develop and implement processes and systems within budget and adhere to time requirements and schedule.
* Familiarity with Critical Chain project management, project scheduling best practices in Agile environments, and other advanced scheduling techniques
* Experience with scheduling tools including Milestones Pro, Barbecanna Full Monte, forProject Schedule Analyzer and WBS Pro.
Valid through: 4/23/2021