This position is responsible for managing and leading oversight of the legislative and regulatory review efforts from preliminary research through implementation.
Responsible for recommending solutions for business, developing policies and procedures, and creating scenarios for pending or adopted legislation or regulations, and the resulting potential impact on the organization.This position will manage staff that is responsible for monitoring, analyzing, and determining regulatory changes that impact the organization.
* Bachelor’s Degree with 5 years of experience in health care, business, financial or operational environment OR 7 years of experience in the health care, business, financial or operational environment.
* 3 years of experience working in the health insurance industry
* 2 years supervisory/management experience.
* Knowledge of and experience in federal and state health insurance laws.
* Proficient in key aspects of corporate health operations, including business partner operations, compliance support, code of conduct, and policies and procedures.
* Verbal and written communication skills, time-management, and project-management skills.
* Proficient in areas of sensitivity, listening/receptivity, leading and motivating others, and open to the opportunities of new ideas and approaches proposed by auditees and project leaders.
* Presentation software and delivery skills, the ability to train others in corporate standard office applications, database and spreadsheet applications, and computer-aided audit tools and web browser technology.
* Strong leadership skills.
* Audit experience, including review of the adequacy of controls included in new or existing processes, identification of control enhancements, and/or responding to regulator requests.
Job ID: DM-1024605