A Program Operations Manager (POM) is needed to be the liaison between the network’s programming groups and the NOC Operations facility, fulfilling their creative and scheduling needs/requests while insuring on-air reliability.
- Act as the primary contact for the network’s Programming Groups.
- Manage materials of programs and re-airs – this includes coordination of program delivery, by file delivery or baseband feed.
- Coordinate quality control screening, version control and file completion for on-air playout.
- Understand any and all additional technical services and applications required, including Media Broker, WebScheduler & OTTO.
- Coordinate program format adjustments with the Traffic, On-Air Scheduling and the Network Programming Groups.
- Schedule all taped programs in WebScheduler based on the programming grids.
- Act as primary point of escalation for programming changes, content issues, and special program requests.
- Work with the operations specialist on secondary distribution needs for network and will be expected to learn and provide support for secondary distribution workflows.
- 3 yr experience in a broadcast environment.
- 2 yr work experience showing strong computer, communication, and facilitation skills
- 2 yr experience with varied program content
- 2 yr work experience in a fast-paced environment requiring troubleshooting, process skills, and exhibiting an ability to adapt to changing scenarios
- A track record of meeting or exceeding performance expectations.
Additional Job Requirements
- Interested candidate must submit a resume/CV through www.nbcunicareers.com to be considered (note job #:44543BR)
- Must be willing to work in New Jersey
- Willingness to work overtime, on weekends and holidays with short notice
- Must be “on call” 24 hours a day / 7 days a week
- Ability to work under pressure with great attention to detail.
- Bachelors or 2 yeardegree in Communications or Media.
- Experience, understanding and knowledge of digital broadcast and production technical systems, standards and processes
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.