Our Silicon Design & Verification business is all about building high-performance silicon chips—faster. We’re the world’s leading provider of solutions for designing and verifying advanced silicon chips. And we design the next-generation processes and models needed to manufacture those chips. We enable our customers to optimize chips for power, cost, and performance—eliminating months off their project schedules.
Our System Design Solutions (SDS) services team is part of our Design and Verification business. We deliver tool, methodology, design creation, verification and implementation expertise to enable leading edge customers to complete their most challenging IC design projects. Our customers range from industry leaders to start-ups, developing products for applications such as telecommunications, wireless, broadband, aerospace and defense, automotive, AI, and high-performance computing. Our services work ranges from collaborating with customers to provide specific design skills and assistance for an SoC development all the way through full SoC turnkey design from specification to parts.
We are looking for a European Staff Program Manager to join the team. Does this sound like a good role for you? In this role you will lead project execution for SoCs including hands-on leadership and providing managerial oversight and guidance to internal or external teams.
- BSEE/MSEE/PHD in Electrical and/or Computer Engineering
- At least 8 years of experience in engineering leadership
- Exercises a high level of independent judgment and interpretation in managing projects and complex situations
- Knowledge of Mobile/Automotive or other similar SoC design
- Strong in technical communications and experience leading teams
- Strong in managerial and executive level communications, including internal and external customers
- Strong risk identification and risk management experience
- Strong leadership and direction of teams in strategic and tactical aspects.
- Strong basic PM skills including:
- Identifies needed resources to achieve timely deliverables
- Plans and directs schedules
- Identifies and escalates issues
- Drives problem resolution through data-driven, conscious decision making
- Manages risk and scope-change from conception to delivery
- Defines, promotes, implements, and improves team, cross-functional and cross-departmental business and engineering processes and practices.
- Will be able to travel on occasion for short periods of time, and occasionally work on-site at customer premises as required (as global situations permit).
- Departmental or cross-functional teams leadership for delivery of a product/service
- Provides business and management expertise and consultation
- Experience scoping and developing project plans
- Experience with successful customer communications including internal and external customers
- Ability to understand technical tradeoffs and provide guidance to teams and customers
- Represents the organization as the principle contact on business unit and/or company-wide projects.