- Evaluate and work with management and product manager to eliminate manufacturing constraints including labor, equipment, tooling and facilities.
- Support activities required to track earned value and provide information to cost account manager, program office and finance as required to support program objectives.
- Prepare for manufacturing and test readiness reviews.
- Attend design reviews, MRB meetings, FRB meetings and IPT meetings. Document minutes/actions and communicate accordingly.
- Plan manufacturing order releases. Work proactively with manufacturing engineers, tech writers, production planning and procurement to ensure MO’s are ready for release according to schedule.
- Track production progress and provide updates to production and program schedulers.
- Initiate and track Engineering Changer Orders and communicate design for manufacturability improvements to engineering.
- Work with engineering, quality and production to resolve Non Conformances.
- Work with IPT team and quality to identify and implement corrective actions plans.
- Contribute to proposal activities and cost estimations necessary for program budgeting.
- Create manufacturing productivity metrics associated with program performance.
- Work with Program Manufacturing Engineering peers to standardize and improve processes and procedures that impact manufacturing engineering and planning processes.
- Create manufacturing order instructions, process documents and training materials required to support production activities.
Qualifications Basic Qualifications:
Requires a bachelor's degree and at least 10 years of experience in manufacturing engineering or a related area. Must have prior project management experience. Must be familiar with standard manufacturing concepts, best practices, and procedures preferably within the aerospace industry.