$150K — $200K *
At ABS Group, risk analysis is our foundation. ABS Group is a global professional services company with 87 offices in 33 countries. Our Global Government division, headquartered in Arlington, VA, deploys cutting-edge technical expertise for federal agencies such as the Department of Homeland Security, the United States Coast Guard, and the Department of Transportation. At ABS Group, you can help transform the way agencies quantify, analyze, and ultimately manage risk.
ABS Group is currently searching for enthusiastic, highly motivated leaders with strong organizational skills to join our FEMA National Preparedness and Assessment team.
The scope of this work is to produce a quantitative program evaluation study that assesses a measurable change in value/public benefit of state, local, and territory preparedness activities, isolating the effect of the State Homeland Security Program (SHSP), and the Urban Areas Security Initiative (UASI) grant programs.
The Program Manager shall adhere to standard and accepted social science research and evaluation practices. Where the social science research field has not reached consensus, you shall be prepared to provide the benefits, drawbacks, and implications of various social science methods, and should also anticipate and prepare strategies to address methodological concerns.
The Program Manager shall have full authority to act for the contractor on all contractual matters relating to daily operation of this contract.
Candidates will possess, at a minimum:
• Bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university
• A minimum of ten (10) years recent and relevant experience managing a contract of similar size and technical scope, including demonstrated experience managing the financials and budget projection in a contract of similar size
• Management experience to include direct oversight of one or more staff, conducting performance reviews and experience training new team members
• Proven track-record of cultivating relationships with clients and leadership
• Ability to multitask and work in a fast pace environment
• Excellent written, verbal communication, and interpersonal skills
• Strong organizational skills and excellent attention to detail
• Advanced MS Office capabilities
• A self-starter with a passion for teamwork with minimum direction and oversight
Highly successful candidates will possess one or more of the following:
• Master's degree from an accredited college or university
• A Project Management Professional (PMP) certificate
• Proven experience with Microsoft Project or other project management tools
• Experience with FEMA and/or DHS preparedness grants
• Background in disaster preparedness, counterterrorism, or terrorism / disaster-related risk analysis
We are proud to be an EEO/AA employer M/F/D/V. We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing.
Valid through: 7/17/2020