Are you ready to make your mark? If you’re an experienced Program Manager, we have an exciting opportunity for you. The particular focus for this role will be leading the development and production launch of Woodward’s industrial controls products. These products require flawless integration of world leading control technologies for the most complex industrial equipment in the world.
What You Will Be Doing
- You will be accountable for the planning, directing, and execution of local and/or global projects.
- You will be responsible for managing projects and project team activities in the development and launch of new products or derivatives.
- You will direct and influence the project team to achieve project deliverables including contractual and business objectives while ensuring customer satisfaction and Woodward business objectives are met.
- You will plan, execute, monitor, and control the schedule, cost deliverables, risk management and scope to meet or exceed stakeholder and customer expectations.
- You will be responsible for allocating resources and management of the project team and proactively manage potential conflict and resource constraints.
- You will work across business to resolve elevated issues internally and with the customer, ensuring barriers that could impede program progress are removed.
- You will coordinate/lead multiple programs of significant complexity and risk or projects with multiple sub-projects. You will manage predominantly LRU (Line Replaceable Unit) programs but may manage system or platform level programs.
- You will manage and work through project launch teams to ensure that the project scope and outcome is achieved.
- You will coordinate with Customer Account Manager to act as the primary point of customer contact for the project.
- You will present and represent project status to customer and Woodward senior leadership.
- You will participate in strategic planning processes for the Turbine Business segment.
- You will be accountable for scope change management within the project and for orchestrating response to customer scope changes in collaboration with the Product Line Manager, Customer Account Manager, and the project team.
- You will collaborate with Manufacturing and Global Supply Chain to assure high quality, competitively priced supplier designed components.
What We Are Looking For
- Bachelor's degree required (Program Management or technical field preferred.)
- MBA or International equivalent desired.
- Green Belt certification required within 1 year of appointment.
- PMP (Project Management Professional) certification required or agreed plan to achieve PMP certification.
- 4 years' experience in PLC environment and 4 years in project management required.
- Experience leading projects which includes embedded software and/or electronic controls development preferred.
- Demonstrated ability to moderate and lead projects and drive technical decisions.
- Strong leadership skills including the building of effective teams, an ability to manage conflict, the effective setting of priorities in the team and an ability to clearly define roles, responsibilities, and objectives.
- Solid knowledge and understanding of the Material Requirements Planning (MRPII) process.
- Strong financial acumen and advanced use of analysis tools.
- Commitment to Quality, specifically 6 Sigma, Lean and Continuous Improvement.