Google's projects, like our users, span the globe and require managers to keep the big picture in focus. As a Program Manager at Google, you lead complex, multi-disciplinary projects. You plan requirements with internal customers and usher projects through the entire project lifecycle. This includes managing project schedules, identifying risks and clearly communicating goals to project stakeholders. Your projects often span offices, time zones and hemispheres, and it's your job to keep all the players coordinated on the project's progress and deadlines.
As a Test Engineering Program Manager, you will play a critical role in shepherding the quality and reliability of Wearables projects. You will drive development and test engineering productivity by influencing better product design, promoting proper engineering practices, enhancing testability, improving existing processes and applying other advanced quality concepts across products. Through your leadership and professional expertise, you will build, lead and manage test teams, set testing and quality goals, and lead the overall strategy for Test Engineers. You will also identify, build and nurture necessary partnerships with internal and external stakeholders to further improve the quality of the ecosystem. Lastly, you will leverage your experience in test development to help us ship high quality products.
Google's mission is to organize the world's information and make it universally accessible and useful. Our Hardware team researches, designs, and develops new technologies and hardware to make our user's interaction with computing faster, more powerful, and seamless. Whether finding new ways to capture and sense the world around us, advancing form factors, or improving interaction methods, our Hardware team is making people's lives better through technology.
- Drive test engineering productivity by developing innovative test strategies and processes and Influencing product definition and requirements to ensure high quality Wearables; drive high quality release through thoughtful planning and execution.
- Execute test strategy for wearable components to deliver the end-to-end product validation.
- Develop processes to qualify builds and various milestones in the product development life cycle and strategy to validate prototypes with a lightweight process that supports agile development.
- Oversee development of automated testing and infrastructure tools and make quality judgements and recommendations to make decisions for critical milestones.
- Coordinate test and validation efforts across multiple vendors. Build, grow and mentor a world-class Test Engineering team.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related technical discipline or equivalent practical experience.
- 5 years of experience in software or test management.
- Experience in methodologies of system development life cycle (SDLC) and QA, as well as shipping consumer electronic embedded products.
- Experience in hiring and managing test teams.
- Experience in managing distributed remote teams.
- Experience in testing a combination of firmware, mobile apps and Cloud Services.
- Experience with device connectivity (e.g., Bluetooth or Bluetooth Low Energy) and touch technologies.