We are looking for high-energy, dynamic professionals who want to work for a growing global company and would love to take a bite out of the networksecuritylandscape. WatchGuard has deployed nearly a million of its integrated, multi-function threat management appliances worldwide and that number is rapidly growing. Of course, we recognize that there are a lot of security solution companies out there, but at the end of the day our product platforms yield dramatically higher performances than many of our competitors. We provide a solution that is scalable with hardware advances, utilizes best-of-breed technology, includes award-winning visibility tools, and is generally awesome all around.
But, you don’t have to take our word for it. WatchGuard is one of the most highly awarded companies in networksecurity. We have won an array of awards, recognitions, reviews, 5-star ratings, and shout-outs. And the recognitions keep piling up.
Unleash the beast and join RED. Apply to WatchGuard today!
The Program Manager (PgM) will play a key role in delivering software and operations projects, initiatives, and solutions. The right candidate must have delivered software engineering solutions using agile principles, but also has experience leading and/or working on IT operations project/initiatives. This is a great opportunity for someone who has broad technical knowledge, can see applications and systems from a product perspective, and make sound business decisions. The successful candidate will build strong partnerships with Marketing, Product, Engineering, Sales and Support.
The PgM will know how to manage competing resources and priorities and have the ability to hit the ground running and understand how to navigate through ambiguous situations. The ideal candidate must be solutions-oriented, able to identify and mitigate risks, recognize dependencies and solve problems. In particular, the PgM must be able to deliver successful projects/initiatives and get stuff done.
This role reports directly to the CIO. If you are looking for a challenge and you’re enthusiastic, self-motivated, and want to grow your program management career, WatchGuard has the perfect role for you.
What you’ll be doing:
- Lead all customer facing software applications projects/initiatives within the IT organiization
- Represent IT in cross-functional/team meetings and recognize when IT applications and systems require changes to meet customer requirements
- Understand how our internal partners/stakeholder’s teams operate in order to determine priorities and deliver high quality solutions
- Connect the dots, understand and see dependencies with our systems/applications and resources
- Effectively communicate objectives, project milestones, status, and dependencies in a timely manner to team members, stakeholders and leadership
- Work closely with project team members on their commitments, milestones, resources allocations, and deliverables during projects/initiatives
- Recognize and escalate up and downstream impacts to dependent stakeholders
- Coordinate, communicate and schedule software releases across multiple teams
- Identify roadblocks, issues and anticipate risks that may inhibit overall project progress and/or release success and report/escalate them to the appropriate stakeholder
What you need to bring to the table:
- A BA/BS degree in MIS or related technical discipline is required
- 8years of experience in program/project management
- Must have the ability to build solid work relationships and partnerships
- Able to effectively communicate technical concepts, plans, and project status to non-technical stakeholders
- High analytical and problem solving skills; able to document specifications, organize material, analyze a wide variety of facts and data to make appropriate recommendations
- Must have experience with the agile methodologies
- Experience in managing cross functional meetings across different disciplines and levels of management and experience with a variety of business processes
- Operates with urgency, focus and discipline
- Ability to work efficiently with multiple business owners
- Knowledge of C#, .NET, SQL, Web Services, internet architectures, and/or data management is a plus.