VMD has an exciting opportunity for you to join as a Program Manager working in our Washington, DC office. In this role, you'll have the opportunity to:
- Lead and manage all aspects of a large (20 FTEs) IT modernization program for our federal client. The scope of this program contains two primary work streams: 1) Engineering/Cloud Migration, and 2) Enterprise Architect/IT Governance.
- Serve as VMD's primary point of contact and liaison for the federal government while ensuring high levels of client satisfaction.
- Ensure strong team performance for all contract PWS requirements.
- Plan and manage the execution of the program in accordance with PMI best practices including financial, schedule, quality, and risk management techniques, etc.
- Ensure strong internal, cross-team communications as well as external communications to various federal stakeholders.
- Evaluate current processes to identify opportunities for improvements to efficiency and effectiveness, including the use of Agile techniques and processes.
- Mentor and guide employees, maintaining a positive work environment where ingenuity and resourcefulness are fostered and where team spirit can develop.
- Be the "face of the franchise" and actively market and socialize the team's capabilities across the IT enterprise.
- At least 16+ years of experience in a program management related role.
- Experience managing programs in the federal government contracting environment.
Education Requirement: Bachelor's
Specific Field of Study or Degree (if any): NA
Can Additional Years of Experience Substitute for Degree? No
Minimum Years of Overall Experience: 15+
Minimum Years of Specific Experience in Field: 15+
Minimum Clearance to Start: Public Trust
Work Status Allowable: US Citizen
Required Certification(s): Project Management Professional (PMP)
Travel: Little (less than 10%)
Telecommute Options: Yes, but after employee is established and can be up to 2 days / week
- DoD Program Management experience or military background.
- Familiarity with Cloud Computing/Engineering.
- Familiarity with Enterprise Architecture.
- Knowledge/experience with Agile.
Desired Certification(s): PgMP
How do you know that you will succeed in this position with VMD?
- You are excited by the challenge of navigating a complex and often political environment.
- You have unique ability to define requirements from ambiguous direction.
- You demonstrate personal accountability and integrity in all actions.
- You interact well with people and are a natural team player.
- You consistently meet deadlines and come prepared to offer solutions and contribute in meaningful ways.