- Accountable for the end-to-end planning and execution of one or more projects, Programs and/or Agile teams. Lead and negotiate, scope, schedule, budget, risks, deployments and communications for projects, programs and initiatives.
- Coach multiple teams through the software development life cycle using Agile, Scrum, and Lean practices and work cross-functionally throughout the company to ensure projects are developed and deployed with quality and timely delivery into our production systems.
- Understand product strategy and benefits of key deliverable in area of responsibility and drive everyone towards the common goal.
- Brainstorm and problem solve with partners at all levels to identify optimal delivery approaches.
- Analytical - Ask thoughtful questions to help our Customers, Product Owners, and Product Managers to maximize ROI and meet company objectives.
- Work with Product Owners to promote and contribute to the improvement of the product backlog.
- Facilitate sprint planning, backlog grooming, daily stand-up meetings, reviews/demos, retrospectives, and other scrum ceremonies.
- Shield the team from outside distractions and interferences. Track and remove impediments for the team.
- Set priorities, influence others, and manage customer expectations.
- Facilitate discussion and conflict resolution.
- Coach team in estimation techniques.
- Develop metrics and reports to help the team, program and organization understand its health and progress and to set goals.
- Coach/Mentor team members to internalize Scrum and the Agile Principles.
- Influence change at all levels to increase team and organization performance at a sustainable pace.
- 10 years of work experience with a Bachelor's Degree or at least 8 years of work experience with an Advanced Degree (e.g. Masters/MBA/JD/MD) or at least 3 years of work experience with a PhD ars progressively more responsible experience in directly relevant program/project management roles in technology portfolio and program management, business analysis, planning and operations, and/or related functions. Experience at a large, leading Product Development, Technology, Payments, and/or Financial Services company is highly preferred.
- 12-15 years of work experience with a Bachelor's Degree or 8-10 years of experience with an Advanced Degree (e.g. Masters, MBA, JD, MD) or 6+ years of work experience with a PhD
- Minimum 5+ years experience as a scrum master leading teams in agile software development.
- 3+ years experience as Program Manager preferred.
- Project Management certification preferred including at least 1 of the following: PMI Agile Certified Practitioner (PMI-ACP®), Certified Scrum Master (CSM), Scaled Agile Framework Program Consultant (SAFe SPC)
- The ideal candidate will have a demonstrated ability to plan, execute and deliver projects on time and demonstrate the ability to succinctly communicate any project issues, risks to an executive audience.
- Demonstrated knowledge of program and project management methodologies and best practices, software and product development lifecycles (SDLC/PDLC) required. Strong process orientation and demonstrated ability to define and document new or improved portfolio and program management processes, templates and tools, and create a wide variety of reporting mechanisms for leadership, stakeholders, and team members.
- Advanced Knowledge of Agile techniques such as: User Stories, Continuous Integration,
- TDD, Continuous Delivery, Pairing, Automated Testing.
- Proficient in at least one agile project management tool: Rally, Jira, Version One, etc. Advanced proficiency in the use of Microsoft Office tools (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Visio, Project, and SharePoint) required.
- Excellent verbal communication, presentation, collaboration and teamwork skills with demonstrated ability to gain trust, secure buy-in and influence change at all levels. An ability to influence without direct authority, as well as demonstrate an appropriate level of assertiveness, is critical. High level of attention to detail, including the ability to assess, and synthesize large amounts of content and data related to program status, issues, risks, dependencies, and schedules and distill it in crisp, clear language appropriate for a variety of audiences
- Demonstrated understanding of process improvement programs and processes, and experience driving them successfully within technology organizations highly preferred.
- Ability to seamlessly step back and focus on the big picture and dive into the details as needed.
Valid Through: 2019-10-14