Viasat is in the business to connect the world. As a global broadband services and technology company, we are connecting international communities to the internet by offering residential internet service; enabling passengers and operations crews to stream high-bandwidth media, applications, and content when traveling globally on commercial, business or government aircraft and maritime vessels; and empowering international warfighters on the front lines of battle with real-time, secure internet-based intelligence, surveillance, and reconnaissance for high-requirement missions. We deliver and protect information ? when and where it is needed most ? with our trusted communications ground systems, infrastructure, and services.
In this role you will have the opportunity grow into overall responsibility for project and program execution through leadership, planning, scheduling, financialreporting and budgeting, managing deliverables while identifying and mitigating risks, and interfacing with project and program customers (internal and external). You should have a proven track record of leadership, problem solving, performance analysis and metrics, making trade decisions, utilizing formal program management techniques (i.e. EVMS), and achieving the goals of the program and business area. Are you ready to take your entrepreneurial spirit and program management expertise to the next level?
- Superior organization and communication skills
- Competency in project and/or team management.
- 5+ years of experience leading development
- Experience developing, tracking, and maintaining project plans, schedules, and budgets
- Proficient in using MS Project and Excel
- Bachelors degree in Engineering (EE, CE, CS)
- Travel up to 10%
- Knowledge of EVMS practices
- US Government Program, US Citizenship Required
- Knowledge and experience with project management methodologies and best practices such as PMP
- Familiarity with security/cybertechnologies and IP networking
- Experience with leading and writing Government proposals
- Experience with HAIPE (High assurance Internet Protocol Encryption)
- Experience with encryption/description
- Secret clearance preferred.
Our Carlsbad, CA office is just 30 minutes north of San Diego and 5 minutes from the beach. We know there is more to life than work and with full gym access, volleyball/basketball courts and meal services onsite you?ll never want to leave our beautiful campus.
Are you ready to take the next step forward in your Engineering career? Then submit your resume. It only takes a few minutes and could start you on your new path to a fulfilling career at Viasat. We look forward to hearing from you.