Reporting to the Director of Critical Care, Emergency & Medicine, and in close collaboration withthe Program Executive Team, the Program Manager is accountable for the effective and efficient functioning of clinical program/unit/services. He/she is responsible for providing leadership and direction for operations management, utilization and risk management, healthy workplace, team building and quality improvement of the clinical program/unit/services. He/she fosters innovation and plays a critical role in linking his/her portfolio with other health services to address the ongoing issues/needs of clients and their families and to ensure a smooth transition within/from the acute care environment to appropriate community health services. In addition to leading an inter-disciplinary team, works as a team player with colleagues and co-workers and in collaboration withkey internal and external stakeholders to achieve excellence in client and family centred care, education and research within a complex multi-site environment that extends to the community.
Education & Experience
- Masters Degree in a relevant health care profession supplemented with leadership and business management courses as well as seven (7) to ten (10) year's recent, related clinical and progressive leadership experience, including direct supervisory experience or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience.
- Current registration/membership with a recognized professional association.
- Excellent communication skills to function within a complex interdisciplinary environment including ability to communicate with the physician community.
Knowledge & Abilities
- Collaborates with internal and external stakeholders to develop, manage and evaluate clinical programs considering client needs, service delivery interrelationships and service potential within a complex environment.
- Understands available resources for program/unit/services and keeps quality in the forefront of all resource utilization decisions; provides feedback and detailed analysis on budget variances, and makes recommendations for corrective action.
- Facilitates, collaborates and negotiates for effective resolution of human resource issues.
- Fosters collaborative working relationships to support the professional practice and ongoing development of staff.
- Promotes development of clinical research opportunities to ensure evidence-based practice within an interdisciplinary team-based environment.
- Demonstrates ability to facilitate team building and develop healthy workplace.
- Demonstrates ability to work under pressure and to balance multiple tasks and competing deadlines.
- Understands service/organizational/community systems and community development.
Only short-listed applicants will be contacted for this posting.