Bowhead is seeking a Program Manager to support Naval Surface Warfare Center Carderock Division Detachment Norfolk (NSWCCDDN) located at Joint Expeditionary Base Little Creek-Fort Story. Requirements Position Requirements:
• Minimum of five years of specialized experience as a successful manager of a team of skilled professional, technical and support personnel. He/she shall have experience working with US Government organizations
• Supervise the program team and manages conflicts within different departments.
• Plans and sets program goals and milestones and develops risk management strategies.
• Defines resources and schedules for the implementation of the program.
• Clearly defines requirements and sets targets accordingly.
• Recognizes areas for internal improvement and develops plans for implementing the improvements.
• The Program Manager is the direct point of contact for the Contractor to the government with the authority to act or make decisions for the Contractor.
• Have experience running an organization of similar size, scope and complexity.
• Be responsible for the supervision, overall administration, and coordination of workflow, priorities of work, and required services.
• Be the point of contact for all creative services including all details that require approval from the Contracting Officer (KO).
• Keep the COR informed and updated on all creative services including all details that the Contractor has accepted.
The Program Manager shall have a Master's degree from an Accreditation Board of Engineering and Technology (ABET) accredited college or university in an engineering or managerial field plus a minimum of 10 years of combined general, related and specialized experience; OR a Bachelor's degree from an Accreditation Board of Engineering and Technology (ABET) accredited college or university in an engineering field or managerial field plus a minimum of 15 years of combined general, related, and specialized experience.
SECURITY CLEARANCE REQUIRED:
Must have an active security clearance at the Secret level. US Citizenship is a requirement for a Secret clearance at this location.
SECURITY CLEARANCE REQUIRED: A SECRET clearance access is required for all personnel supporting this PWS. All individual contractors must be able to obtain and maintain fully adjudicated SECRET clearances.
Applicants may be subject to a pre-employment drug & alcohol screening and/or random drug screen, and must follow UIC’s Non-DOT Drug & Alcohol Testing Program requirements. If the position requires, an applicant must pass a pre-employment criminal background history check. All post-secondary education listed on the applicant’s resume/application may be subject to verification.
Where driving may be required or where a rental car must be obtained for business travel purposes, applicants must have a valid driver license for this position and will be subject to verification. In addition, the applicant must pass an in-house, online, driving course to be authorized to drive for company purposes.
UIC is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, age, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other protected characteristics EOE/AA/M/F/D/V. In furtherance, pursuant to The Alaska Native Claims Settlement Act 43 U.S.C. Sec. 1601 et seq., and federal contractual requirements, UIC and its subsidiaries may legally grant certain preference in employment opportunities to UIC Shareholders and their Descendants, based on the provisions contained within The Alaska Native Claims Settlement Act.