What's cool about this job
This job contributes to REI’s success by representing the eCommerce channel in the cross-divisional planning, management and execution of REI’s Digital strategies related to user generated reviews and content for gear, classes and adventures.
This position is accountable to lead and partner with eCommerce and cross-divisional teams to plan, manage, communicate, execute and analyze all related program efforts on REI.com and REI’s mobile web and applications.
This role is responsible for driving the strategic planning and execution of new and effective ways of authentically presenting customer, vendor and employee experiences with the gear, classes and adventures that REI promotes to enable a life outdoors.
- Responsible for fostering relationships and working cross-divisionally, in a leadership role, to accomplish business goals and objectives and influence others up, down and across the organization.
- Makes necessary recommendations and changes in order to ensure business needs are met.
- Monitors customer behavior, reports trends, variances and issues, and takes appropriate action in order to drive sales and conversion on REI.com and all mobile devices.
- Responsible for researching trending opportunities within the broader eCommerce marketplace and identifying opportunities and competitive threats to the program and building plans to address and communicate to partners in order to maintain a competitive position.
- Collaborate with product, Information Architecture, UX, and UI partners to optimize the findability, display and integration of UGC at the right moments for our customer.
- Leverage data-driven customer insights and competitive analysis to uncover, champion and drive powerful and measurable improvements to REI’s digital customer experience related to UGC.
- Design and deliver on strategies to collect and leverage employee & vendor content that will support our customers’ decision making process across digitalretailchannels.
- Partner cross-divisionally to amplify program related UGC across all channels and customer touchpoints.
- Manager vendor relationships and related budget.
Bring your passion and expertise
- 5 + years experience with an eCommerce/multi-channelretailer.
- 5+ years experienceworking with content & creative teams including design, web production, and copywriting teams.
- 3+ years marketing analysis experience. A solid understanding of web metrics, online testing methodology, and optimization strategies.
- 5+ years experience with social media, UGC marketing and /or product reviews programs and tools
- Proven track record developing program plans that meet/exceed goals.
- Establishes trust and inspires others.
- Delivers on commitments and holds others to same.
- Champions the organization and advocates solutions in the overall Company's best interest and in alignment with key strategies.
- Uses business knowledge, innovative thinking, and sound judgment in the solution of problems or the pursuit of business opportunities.
- Consolidates information from various sources including feedback from others to reach sound decisions.