Serves as overall facilitator for development of the product. Plans and directs all activities relating to the Product Delivery Process (APQP, SQA, Engineering, Purchasing, and Manufacturing engineering). Promotes coordination and communication of program team. Conducts program-specific reviews
?Responsible for highly complex engineering programs.
- Leads the program team and provides guidance to program management staff.
- Manages the product program proactively to ensure timing and program team objectives are met for all customers and client company milestones.
- Identifies and communicates barriers to the successful completion of program milestones to the Director Program Management on a regular basis and Executive-level Management on an as-needed basis. Develops and implements recovery plans to eliminate barriers.
- Interfaces with required functional disciplines and departments for program support.
- Assures appropriate program planning to confirm that product development is consistent with established program objectives and company needs.
- Implements the Product Delivery Process (PDP) and assures completion of all deliverables.
- Recommends, monitors, and updates appropriate quality systems for the purpose of quality and efficiency improvements.
- Conducts all phase and gate reviews.
- Creates master program timing that satisfies customer and client company and requirement for product configuration, costs, performance, and timing.
- Facilitates and maintains communications with the customer, client company staff, and Division Operations for all program activities at all levels.
- Upholds authorities as detailed in Standard Operating Procedure 8000
Knowledge and Education
Bachelors degree (or Bachelor?s equivalency) in Engineering or related field; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Minimum seven (7) years diversified engineeringexperience.
Minimum of two (2) full program cycles (from concept to production).
Ability to apply academic and otherengineering principles in the development of automotive components.
Must be able to read blue prints. Competency in CAD and GD&T.
Must demonstrate exceptional problem solving skills, and viable concept development.
Proficient in statistical methods (ie APQP, DFSS).
Must be able to apply academic principles and utilize math based tools.
Knowledge of government and OEM specifications in area of expertise.
Strong organizational skills and the ability to successfully coordinate and complete multiple tasks within and across departments to meet established and changing deadlines.
Strong communication skills: verbal, written, and technical presentations.
Demonstrated successful performance with independent problem solving, presentations, and leadership.
Proficient with word processing, spreadsheet, and database applications.
Metals exposure would be helpful