The Agriculture division builds precision farming systems, including displays and automated guidance systems for agricultural vehicles. Farmers use our guidance systems to automatically steer their tractors with highly accurate GPS/GNSS-based control. Our display systems automatically control farm implements performing operations like planting seeds, spraying fertilizer, and measuring crop yield in an optimal way based on soil conditions and agronomist prescriptions. Our displays send the farm data to our web-based farm and fleet management system Trimble Agriculture business software. We save water, fuel, chemicals, and time and increase crop yields along the way.
As a Program Manager in Trimble’s Ag division, you will work in a cross-functional environment. You will ensure the success of organizational goals by managing multiple concurrent new product introductions in the Precision Ag space from ideation through customer acceptance. The Program Manager's responsibilities will include but are not limited to the following:
- Nurture, guide, and mentor direct report(s) in the execution of associated project management activities.
- Organize the activities of multiple, concurrent software and hardware-based new product introduction initiatives.
- Identify high-risk, interdependent tasks or issues, and work through conflicting prioritization among projects & teams.
- Alignment of content across the division’s release cadence and provide what-if scenario planning.
- Develop and maintain high-level program schedules with links to underlying schedules and coordinate engineering, testing, operations, and product management resources amongst active projects.
- Coordinate and facilitate teams in presenting project status to senior management and stakeholders at gate reviews and stakeholder updates.
- Work closely with internal product management stakeholders to review prioritization and deliverables.
- Help establish documented processes for development programs from ideation through customer acceptance.
- Administration of the product portfolio management system.
- Create and maintain a program dashboard with relevant metrics and key performance indicators. Ensure regular reporting intervals and easy accessibility.
- Technical bachelor's degree or equivalent experience in a technical role.
- 5+ years of experience guiding software and/or system-level development programs involving the integration of multiple subsystems into a coherent, marketing-facing solution.
- Demonstrated ability to lead multiple projects at the same time and provide disciplined leadership to project team members.
- Experience administrating and working within portfolio management tools such as JIRA Advanced Roadmaps or similar.
- A successful candidate will have a proven track record of creative problem solving with successful implementation coupled with strong organization skills.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal, and strong attention to detail.
- Experience presenting to senior management and product stakeholders.
- Effective time management and ability to work in a dynamic environment while responding quickly to changing priorities.
- Ability to manage and diplomatically resolve conflict.
- CSM, PMP or PRINCE II certification is a plus.
- Familiarity with Agricultural, Automotive or Avionic systems, Heavy Machinery controls, or Precision Ag components is a plus.
- Proficiency in Google office suite (Docs, Sheets, Slides), project management tools, JIRA, and requirements tracking software.
- Experience managing, leading or working with internationally diverse engineering and product management teams or organizations.