Auto req ID: 4244BR
Employee type: Regular - Full Time
Travelport is the platform that is redefining travel commerce for our customers. To support the Travelport vision, the Technology organization requires program managers whose focus is to provide leadership and guidance on key global strategic programs, reinforce best practices for team members, and drive business and customer valued results.
The Solution Delivery Program Manager will lead the delivery of airline EMD and Ticket Reissue products within the Airline Commerce Technology (ACT) organization. The ideal candidate will possess a mix of strong leadership skills with the ability to work closely with globally-based technical teams, understand their challenges, and accelerate team overall performance.
- Owner of the EMD and Ticket Reissue product delivery. Monitors all aspects for the EMD (Electronic Miscellaneous Documents) and Ticket Reissue programs, including sourcing, budgeting, implementation, risk management and regulatory requirements.
- Establishes metrics for measuring key program deliverables. Identifies risks and develops risk mitigation plans for the programs.
- Leads a combined team of 20 direct reports from onshore and offshore. Acts as a coach for others on Agile development principles.
- Leads Agile development best practices such as: daily stand-ups, user story refining and sizing, sprint planning, sprint demos, sprint retrospectives
- Contributes expertise to other Program Managers and Project Managers in cost management, operational budgets, schedules, metrics and staffing requirements.
- Develops/improves processes and direction; recommends and transfers knowledge to others.
- Advises ACT Delivery Leadership team and coaches/mentors colleagues within Travelport and potentially our clients.
- Interacts with and influences the other portfolio of products within Air Commerce Technologies.
- Devotes large amounts of time assisting and mentoring team members to promote successful delivery; interacts with Product groups to ensure proper alignment.
- Identify talent, foster potential and manage performance of others.
- Recognize and understand issues, problems, and opportunities and develop appropriate solutions to determine an effective course of action.
- Build relationships through trust and credibility to gain agreement and alignment on goals and strategy
- Develop relationships and work effectively with people across the organization, regardless of location or background, to achieve business goals.
- Identify the needs of customers, both internal and external, making these the primary focus; and to develop and sustain productive customer relationships.
- Bachelors in information technology, computer science, application development, programming, or related degree and/or equivalent work experience
- 7+ years’ experience in Technical Management
- 3+ years in Agile Project Management environment
- Experience working with and guiding global offshore teams
- Demonstrates full understanding of Agile development best practices.
- Proven ability to successfully lead cross-functional and business programs
- Proven ability to manage development in parallel with production support activities
- Excellent written, verbal communication skills, and presence.
- Travel industry experience highly desirable, specifically in airline Passenger Solution Systems (PSS)
- SME with Agile best practices, Scrum Master Certification, Agile Coach or PMP #dicepost