SUMMARY OF RESPONSIBILITIES
• Support the Company’s mission, vision, values and goals in performance of daily activities.
• Provide key input into the development of departmental strategic goals along with identifying key measurable to support the departmental goals.
• Plans, coordinates, evaluates and executes the activities involved with the entire operations of specific products including development, testing, product quality, production, cost, scheduling and performance.
• Support all customer meetings
• Responsible for leading program reviews and weekly tech reviews with the program team.
• Interfaces with all internal departments working on project to keep up to date on the project status and ensure timely completion of project.
• Ensure proper coordination and communication of the team on all assigned programs.
• Coordinate and communicate all vehicle build milestones with the program team.
• Coordinate engineering suffix levels for each vehicle build milestone.
• Manage and maintain program finances to be in line with approved CER spending.
• Maintain program open issues log.
• Manage all engineering changes using Matrix One/Campfire system.
• Ensure all aspects of Tower APQP are met for each gated review.
• Ensure program team members are following all aspects of APQP.
• Key communication link with all team members and B.U. leadership.
• Ensure all customer concerns have responses and containment statements.
• Attend daily or as needed Change Control and Open-to-Go conference calls or meetings with the customer.
• Develop capital expenditure request (CER) with the Sr. Program Manager for new capital.
• Support Launch Leader with vehicle build coordination.
• Ensure all assembly processes achieve the JPH committed in the CER and customer quote.
• Ensure team is following purchasing standards, approve all purchasing requisitions and ensure they are being issued in a timely manner.
• Responsible for adhering to all internal and OSHA required safety procedures in performing daily work activities.
• Maintain high standards of housekeeping throughout the work area.
• Maintain a positive working relationship with all levels of the organization.
• Assures compliance with federal, state, local and corporate policies, regulations and laws.
• Adherence to all company policies and procedures (ex. Quality Policy Manual, Colleague Handbook, Level II Procedures etc.)
Reports to a Sr. Program Manager. Interfaces on a frequent basis with customers, suppliers, purchasing, finance, quality, materials, engineering and the plant leadership. Interfaces on an as needed basis with HR and IT.
• Provides indirect leadership to program team members.
• Ability to identify, select, train and coach management talent.
• Provides model behavior to demonstrate corporate values.
• Bachelor’s Degree in engineering or a technical field, or equivalent experience.
• Minimum of three (3) years experience in stamping, manufacturing processes, materials and complex assemblies.
• Prior automotive project management/supervisory experience preferred.
• Knowledge of APQP procedures, along with the ability to manage and maintain standardized procedures.
• Solid knowledge of business finance metrics, income statements, cash flow, balance sheets, return on sales and internal rate of return.
• Excellent organizational, analytical and communication skills.
• Ability to work in a fast paced environment.
• Proven leadership ability and excellent interpersonal skills.
• Ability to work well with others in a team environment.
• Strong problem resolution skills, along with customer service and team orientation skills.
• Proficient in Microsoft Office software.
• Understanding of GD&T, CAD systems and other software related to the position.
• Computer literate with customer required software (ex. WIERS, GPDS) and SPC software literate.
• Ability to read and write in English and perform mathematical calculations.