Our client company is the global leader in the manufacturing and distribution of mechanical, electrical, electronic and cloud based products used in the outdoor building products industry. Its patent portfolio is second to none and it has a footprint in over 130 countries on every continent. 2018 has been a very solid year of growth and new product innovation.
To support this upward trend, the company seeks a seasoned program manager. This individual will work cross functionally and influentially with all stakeholders to attain goals in a timely manner, anticipate and correct issues and bottlenecks that may impact those goals, and be ready to break the paradigms that often impede a process.
The position is based in Arizona and offers very strong base salary, bonus opportunity and a full benefits package. Solid performance will lead to upward mobility within the company and across all of its business units. Relocation is very generously covered by the company. Some travel is required. Please read the full job description and if fully qualified, you are encouraged to reply.
- The purpose of program management is to ensure programs stay on schedule while delivering quality expectations The successful program manager can see gaps in the future of a program that will throw it off schedule and is tenacious in marshaling the company's resources to close those gaps. An effective program manager speaks and writes plainly and concisely to deliver bad news quickly. A hallmark of a good program manager is the ability to work across business units and business functions to form professional relationships with all stakeholders in a program. Typical programs will be new product development (NPD), cost reduction or quality improvement of a complex nature (where, for example, a significant new technology platform must be brought into the company) or when multiple business units/customer types are needed. The Program Manager is also expected to improve NPD and other assigned business processes, assuring we take advantage of best industry practices in these areas.
- Maintain an independent, objective view on project status and work. Balance the role of project champion versus critical business owner.
- Publish the program's critical path, risks, team charter, Responsible/Accountable/Consulted /Informed (RACI) matrix, training matrix, and overall program plan.
- Question conventional wisdom and be willing and able to speak to authority with poise and organized thoughts.
- Ensure goals and key milestones are approved across business units and functions. The overriding priority is to maintain the target schedule.
- Ensure program risks are clearly articulated on an ongoing basis and that appropriate contingency plans are in place. Lead any necessary course corrections when things do not go as planned on projects.
- Excellent interpersonal skills in communication, people management, motivation, influence, and negotiation.
- Ability to drive alignment, especially between Marketing, Engineering, and Manufacturing functions to match customer requirements with technical specifications.
- Analytical and objective; can deliver difficult messages proactively if plans go off-track. Drive for results and a demonstrated track record of success with new product development
- Program Management Professional certificate or at least 5 years' industrialexperience in Program Management with a company having several hundred employees in high-volume consumer goods.
- Demonstrated experience with complex programs spanning research, marketing, engineering, and manufacturing.
- High energy with an enthusiastic attitude, a desire for continued learning, and a willingness to take on difficult challenges in a variety of business areas
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited university in electromechanical engineering, chemical engineering, polymer science, or agricultural.
- Previous experience with construction oriented consumer products
- Graduate degree in a technical discipline
- Fluency in Spanish.